The world of historical fiction features great authors and great bloggers and book reviewers who help promote the wonderful novels written by these fantastic historical fiction writers. These bloggers and reviewers have a passion for historical fiction and are proud to promote the works they read and enjoy. Danielle Deininger of Dani’s Book Shelf answers 10 questions about the genre she so loves.
1. What was the first historical fiction novel you ever read?
My first taste of historical fiction was Jean Plaidy’s “Lady in the Tower” about Anne Boleyn. Then I discovered Philippa Gregroy’s The Other Boleyn Girl. From there I was hooked on the genre.
2. What are your favorite historical fiction novels?
Some of my favorites include “Forever Amber” , “Kathryn in the Court of Six Queens”, and “The Queen’s Dollmaker”.
3. Who are some historical fiction authors you have interviewed or worked with?
I have not had the chance to interview any authors as of yet. I would love to have interview with Philippa Gregory someday.
4. If you could go back in time and be any figure from history, who would it be?
I would have to say I would love to be Kat Ashley, Queen Elizabeth I’s governess
5. What year in history would you have liked to live in?
The year Queen Elizabeth I was crowned Queen.
6. You’re having a dinner party and you can invite 5 people from history, who would they be?
Princess Diana ,Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria, Nell Gywn, and Georgianna The Duchess of Devonshire . I suppose this would be a very interesting dinner with all these ladies.
7. What castle from the past or present would you like to live in?
8. Which of the six wives of King Henry VIII is your favorite?
9. Do you read traditional books or use an E-Reader?
I read both. Since I also collect a lot of out of print books my only choice for those is paperback or hardback format. I love to use my Kindle when traveling.
10. Tea or coffee when reading and reviewing books?
Hot tea during winter months and Iced tea during the summer