The world of historical fiction features great authors and great bloggers and book reviewers who help promote the wonderful novels written by these fantastic historical fiction writers. These bloggers and reviewers have a passion for historical fiction and are proud to promote the works they read and enjoy. Darlene from Peeking Between the Pages and Book Trib answers 10 questions about the genre she so loves.
1. What was the first historical fiction novel you ever read?
“The Autobiography of Henry VIII” by Margaret George.
2. What are your favorite historical fiction novels?
“The Autobiography of Henry VIII” by Margaret George and also “Elizabeth I “by her as well. Others include: “Queen by Right” by Anne Easter Smith, “The Sister Queens” by Sophie Perinot, “The Ladies in Waiting Series” by Sandra Byrd and anything by C.W. Gortner, Juliet Grey, and Michelle Moran.
3. Who are some historical fiction authors you have interviewed or worked with?
I’ve interviewed both Susan Higginbotham and Helen Hollick but I’ve had the opportunity to have many great historical fiction writers write up some great guest posts for my blog. Among those are: Michelle Moran, C.W. Gortner, Anne Easter Smith, Christy English, Sophie Perinot, Sandra Byrd, Kate Quinn, and Juliet Grey.
4. If you could go back in time and be any figure from history, who would it be?
Queen Elizabeth I. She is by far my favorite queen and I admire her for being the strong woman she was in a time that was mostly ruled by men.
5. What year in history would you have liked to live in?
Definitely in the time of Elizabeth I and preferably as someone close to her.
6. You’re having a dinner party and you can invite 5 people from history, who would they be?
Elizabeth I, Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII, Mary Queen of Scots, and Marie Antoinette.
7. What castle from the past or present would you like to live in?
Oh goodness, I’d love to live in many of them but the main one right now would be Alnwick Castle, in part because it is the castle used in the Harry Potter movies. LOL. Another would be Hever Castle; Anne Boleyn’s childhood home.
8. Which of the six wives of King Henry VIII is your favorite?
Without a question Anne Boleyn. I loved her spunk and all the trouble she caused, not to mention she is the mother of my favorite queen in history, Elizabeth I.
9. Do you read traditional books or use an E-Reader?
I read on my iPad for the most part but I still do read a traditional book once in a while. I really like the convenience of an E-Reader but still nothing compares to holding an actual book and that good old book smell. I also love to listen in on audiobooks – they can really bring a book alive for the listener.
10. Tea or coffee when reading and reviewing books?
Most definitely coffee! I love my coffee almost as much as I love my books!