Top trainers and motivational experts know a mantra is important and having a quote or two to read may help you get off the sofa and up for a workout. Here are ten amazing experts thoughts on keeping motivated.
1. “Exercise is alot like getting your kids to eat vegetables, if you make it more fun or sneak it in, they’ll be less likely to notice and fight you on it.” Andrea Metcalf www.Womensforum.com and www.andreametcalf.com
2.“Get out there and exercise your fate, because good health won’t come to you if you just sit back and wait.” Suzanne Andrews, Licensed OTP www.healthwiseexercise.com
3.Working out does not have to be a homework assignment it can be fun! Marina Kamen, CPT and successful 100 pound weight loss achiever.
4. “Effort is between you and you. Nobody else can give you effort.”- Ray Lewis, Captain of the 2013 Superbowl Champion Baltimore Ravens
5. “In terms of mental or physical. I believe 90% during preparation is physical. When the gun goes off, it is 90% mental.” – Meb Keflezighi, A top American distance runner and most recent New Yorker to win NYC Marathon
6. “You can throw in the towel, or use it to wipe the sweat off your face.” Jason Karp, PhD, 2011 IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year, Author of Running for Women & Running a Marathon For Dummies.
7. “Only people who risk going the distance, over that line that says stop, can ever find out just how far they can go. Two options: Waste energy by focusing on things you cannot change, or preserve energy & apply it to the things you can change.” Sean Burch www.SeanBurch.com Author: ,Hyperfitness: 12 Weeks to Conquering Your Inner Everest.
8.”Long term success is found in your daily routine.” Joan Pagano www.joanpaganofitness.com Former trainer to Jacqueline Kennedy.
9. “Committing to change, committing to your body and the goals you’ve set for yourself, will give you a such a sense of accomplishment, a feeling of ownership over your body, your diet, your life – you’re in the “I can do it!” club, and that powerful feeling is so worth it!” Lara Hudson, Founder & Creator of the Mercury Method.
10. “You need to take a moment, dig deep, and decide that you’re worth it. You’re worth the effort to be your best self.” Jennifer Daly, Kinespirit, NYC’s largest Gyrotonic and Pilates studio, www.kinespirit.com