Glenn Beck has many character flaws and disturbing characteristics. One that has not been covered at length here is his tendency to come up with conspiracy theories that suit his paranoid style. Previously, Mr. Beck’s Crime Inc conspiracy and his Boston bombing conspiracy have been debunked in The Glenn Beck Review. Recently, Beck has questioned why the entire media (in a conspiracy) ignores him and ironically argues that it is because they think that he is a conspiracy theorist. (Apparently whiner Glenn Beck is out of touch with conspiracy theorist Glenn Beck. More on Beck’s lack of self-awareness in video below.) That could be one reason, but more likely, it is because of Beck’s sleazy and deceitful propaganda against progressives and especially against President Obama.
Recently, Beck and the other two stooges on his morning (zoo) radio program did a bit about Obama (D) and Governor Christie (R) being gay in a piece entitled online “Brokeback Boardwalk: Obama and Christie Rekindle Bromance.” Asserting, to the delight of many of his followers and the disgust of some, that the President and Gov. Christie are gay lovers is not the approach that any serious adult will perceive as responsible political commentary. Beck is not ignored by the media just because he’s a conspiracy theorist; Beck is ignored because he’s not an adult in the spectrum of media. He is not “the adult in the room” to quote an oft-used phrase.
There are many reasons that Mr. Beck should not be taken seriously by the media or anyone else for that matter. The list below contains hot links to the arguments making the claims asserted.
- Glenn Beck is a liar
- Glenn Beck is a serial hypocrite willing to forget his supposed principles when convenient.
- That alone supports the charge that Glenn Beck is a charlatan.
- Glenn Beck is for entertainment purposes only
- Glenn Beck is a brilliant, reactionary propagandist using every known element of propaganda, including taking statements out of context, and then some
- Glenn Beck is concerned primarily with the promotion of and the financial success of Glenn Beck
- Glenn Beck is not college educated and is ignorant about much of what he discusses. He makes many, many false claims and rarely corrects them as legitimate sources of news stories do
- Glenn Beck is a master of self-contradiction
- Glenn Beck is a false prophet
- As a persuasive conman, his propaganda and “insane” take on reality has created a following that comes across as “psychotic”
- Glenn Beck is a stochastic terrorist
- Thus, some of Glenn Beck’s followers have attempted assassinations
- Glenn Beck certainly is a conspiracy theorist, and they are made up by his imagination
- Glenn Beck projects his flaws onto others
- Glenn Beck manipulates his followers
- Glenn Beck has become a cult of personality
- Glenn Beck has a reactionary agenda. His followers know that; so does the media.
- Glenn Beck is a corporate shill
- Glenn Beck is a subtle racist
These truths about Mr. Beck are obviously not shared by his supporters. They have a whole different set of truths about him and accept as “fact” Beck’s most absurd lie about his BlazeTV, i.e., its slogan: “The truth lives here.” They believe that claim in part because repetition of a big lie, as Joseph Goebbels explained, “will eventually [have people] come to believe it.“