On July 30, Walt Disney World released its Marketplace Kiosk menus for the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Now in its 18th year, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (Epcot Food & Wine) will take place Sept. 27 through Nov. 11.
As the Disney Parks Blog noted in its preview of the menus, the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (Epcot Food & Wine) will debut a new Scotland Marketplace Kiosk; its inaugural offerings include salmon, vegetarian haggis and a Scotch flight. Brazil returns to the 2013 festival after a year’s hiatus, and will offer a new menu that includes a seared scallop with ragout or a crisp pork belly.
Dole pineapple dishes and Dole Whip treats also debut at the food festival. One expected highlight is the alcoholic version of the Disney frozen dessert that will combine orange Dole Whip and Crème de Cacao White. A different version of the alcoholic Dole Whip, using the pineapple flavor, debuted earlier this year the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival with its debut of food kiosks.
While many favorite food items return to the festival, several Epcot Food & Wine Marketplaces have changed some of their menu items. Occasionally the kiosks return to past years’ favorite dishes but just as the menus will feature new dishes and tastes. The Marketplace menus also offer a more expansive selection of beer.
2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival: Marketplace menus
Epcot Food & Wine offers more than 25 regional and specialized Marketplace Kiosks that represent six continents and various culinary specialties. Located around World Showcase, these Marketplaces to sample food from around the globe. Each kiosk serves tapas-sized dishes and beverages (wine, beer, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails).
Menu items generally cost between $3 and $8; prices subject to change. Items new to this year’s festival, as compared to last year’s, are preceded with an asterisk (*). Dates in parentheses indicate when the Marketplace Kiosk was first introduced to the festival.
Compare the 2013 Marketplace Kiosks with those from 2012 and 2011.
Africa (Introduced in 1997 as South Africa, renamed for 2013)
- Food: *Berbere Style Beef with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato, Okra and Pap; and Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket
- Drink: Man Vintners Chenin Blanc; The Wolftrap Red (Syrah, Mourvèdre, Viognier); and Porcupine Ridge Syrah
American Adventure Coffee Cart
- Drink: *Shakin’ Jamaican Coffee – Made with Kāhlua, Vanilla and Caramel. Served Hot or Frozen
- Food: Beef Empanada (returning from 2011 Epcot Food & Wine); and Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée
- Drink: *Pascual Toso Sparkling Brut; Terrazas Reserva Malbec; Terrazas Reserva Torrontes; and *Kaiken Cabernet Sauvignon
- Food: *Garlic Shrimp with Roasted Tomatoes, Lemon Myrtle and Rapini; Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies; and *Pavlova (Crispy Meringue Shell with Fresh Driscoll’s Berries and Vanilla Custard)
- Drink: Rosemont Estate Pinot Grigio; *Wolf Blass Gold Label Chardonnay; Rosemont Estate Merlot; and *Penfolds Bin 8 Cabernet Shiraz
- Food: *Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef; *Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream; and Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote featuring Driscoll’s Berries and Whipped Cream
- Drink: Hoegaarden; Stella Artois; Leffe Blonde; Leffe Brune; and Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- Beer Flight: Hoegaarden; Stella Artois; Leffe Blonde; and Leffe Brune
Brazil (All-new menu; 1996 and returning after one-year hiatus):
- *Seared Scallop with Ragout of Tomatoes Peppers, Hearts of Palm and Steamed Rice; and *Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro
- Drink: *Cerveharias Kaiser Brewery Xingu Black Beer; *Carnaval Moscato White; and Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça
Brewer’s Collection (2003)
- Drink: Schöfferhofer Grapefruit; Altenmünster Oktoberfest; *Warsteiner Premium Verum; *Warsteiner Premium Dunkel; Radeberger Pilsner; *BraufactuM Palor; *BraufactuM Roog Smoked Wheat Bier; and *BraufactuM Darkon (The Oktoberfest and Room Smoked Wheat beers were featured at the 2011 Food & Wine.)
- Beer Flight 1: Schöfferhofer Grapefruit; Altenmünster Oktoberfest; Warsteiner Premium Verum; and Warsteiner Premium Dunkel
- Beer Flight 2: Radeberger Pilsner; BraufactuM Palor; BraufactuM Roog Smoked Wheat Bier; and BraufactuM Darkon
- Food: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup; *Seared Rainbow Trout with Bacon, Frisee and Maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette; and “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
- Drink: Moosehead Lager; La Face Neige Apple Ice Wine; La Face Neige Sparkling; and Mission Hill Family Estate Syrah
- Food: *Almond Crusted Blue Cheese Soufflé with Fig Jam; and *Artisan Cheese Selection: Flagship Reserve Cheddar, La Bonne Vie Triple Crème Brie, Wijngaard, and Goats Gouda
- Drink: *Once Upon a Vine’s The Lost Slipper Sauvignon Blanc; *Once Upon a Vine’s The Fairest Chardonnay; *Once Upon a Vine’s The Big Bad Red Blend; and *Once Upon a Vine’s A Charming Pinot
- Food: Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun; *Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles (on menu at 2011 Epcot Food & Wine); *Chicken Potstickers; and *Silky Spun Ice with toppings (three flavors: coconut, strawberry, chocolate)
- Drink: Tsing Tao Beer; Francis Ford Coppola Su Yuen Riesling; Francis Ford Coppola, Su Yuen Syrah; *Kung Fu Punch with Vodka; Happy Lychee with Vodka; and *Lychee Aerated Water
Craft Beer (2011)
- Drink: *Dogfish Head Brewery, Namaste; *Abita Brewing Company, Fall Fest; *Leinenkugel’s Seasonal Shandy, (Summer Shandy/Orange Shandy); Florida Beer Company, Devil’s Triangle; *New Belgium Brewing Company, Fat Tire; *Widmer Brothers Brewing, Alchemy Ale; *Red Hook, Audible Ale; and *Sierra Nevada, Torpedo Extra IPA
- Beer Flight 1: Dogfish Head Brewery Namaste; Abita Brewing Company Fall Fest; Leinenkugel’s Seasonal Shandy; and Florida Beer Company Devil’s Triangle
- Beer Flight 2: New Belgium Brewing Company Fat Tire; Widmer Brother s Brewing Alchemy Ale; Red Hook Audible Ale; and Sierra Nevada Torpedo
Desserts & Champagne (2000)
- Food: *Chocolate Orange Cupcake; *Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake; *Morello Cherry Pistachio Mousse; Dessert Trio; Guylian Belgian Chocolate Seashell Truffles; and *Frozen S’mores
- Drink: *Pyrami Weiss Cream Beer; Möet & Chandon Ice Impérial; Möet & Chandon Impérial; Möet & Chandon Nectar Impérial Rosé; and *Nicolas Feuillatte Rosé
- Food: Escargots Persillade en Brioche (Garlic and Parsley Snails in Brioche); *Boeuf Bourguignon (Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes); and Crème Brûlée au Chocolat au Lait (Chocolate Milk Crème Brûlée topped with Caramelized Sugar) (The Boeuf Bourguignon was featured at the 2010 Epcot Food & Wine.)
- Drink: *Beer Kronenbourg Blanc; *Chardonnay, Macon-Villages, La Côte Blanche; *Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux, Château Bonnet; Sparkling Pomegranate Kir; and *Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush (Vodka, Grey Goose Cherry Noir, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice)
Florida Local (2012)
- Food: *Florida Grass Fed Beef Slider with Monterey Jack and Sweet & Hot Pickles; and Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables and Micro Cilantro (Note: Fried plantains have been eliminated as the shrimp ceviche’s accompaniment.)
- Drink: *Cigar City Brewing Florida Cracker Belgian-style White Ale; *Orlando Brewing, Sun Shade Organic Pale Ale; Florida Orange Groves, Hurricane Class 5 White Sangria; and Florida Orange Groves, Key Limen-Key Lime Wine
- Food: *Schinken Nudel (Pasta Gratin with Ham & Cheese); Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll; and Apple Strudel with Werther’s Original Karamel and Vanilla Sauce
- Drink: Altenmünster Oktoberfest; *BraufactuM Darkon; *J&H Selbach Bernkasteler; *Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett; *Selbach-Oster Mosel Riesling Spätlese; *J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Auslese; and *Weingut Pitthan Dornfelder Dry Barrique Style (The Kabinett and Spätlese were featured at the 2011 Epcot Food & Wine.)
- Food: *Taste of Greece: Grilled & Marinated Calamari, Hitipiti, Eggplant Dip, Olives and Pita Bread; Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey; *Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce; Spanakopita; and Dannon Oikos Light & Fit Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- Drink: Domaine Skouras Moscofilero; *Domaine Siglas Assyrtiko/Athiri; Alpha Estate Axia Syrah; and *Ouzo by Metaxa
- Food: Kālua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise and Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad and Lotus Root Chips
- Drink: Kona Brewing Company’s Big Wave Golden Ale; Kona Brewing Company’s Pipeline Porter; *Lucien Albrecht Gewurztraminer Réserve; and *Aulani Sunrise featuring Ocean Vodka
Hops & Barley (2005)
- Food: Lobster Roll with Lemon Herb Mayonnaise); *New England Clam Chowder with a side of Tabasco; and *Craisin Bread Pudding with Grand Marnier Anglaise (Note: Linda Bean’s is no longer listed as the vendor for the lobster and clam chowder.)
- Drink: Samuel Adams Boston Lager; *Samuel Adams Octoberfest; Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat; *Rogue Chocolate Stout; and *Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvée
- Beer Flight 1: Samuel Adams Boston Lager; Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat; Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat; and Rogue Chocolate Stout
- Food: Lobster and Seafood Fisherman’s Pie; *Kerrygold Cheese Selection: Reserve Cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout, and Skellig (no brown bread listed as a side); and *Warm Chocolate Pudding with Bailey’s Custard
- Drink: Guinness Draught; Bunratty Meade Honey Wine; and Chilled Irish Coffee featuring Bunratty Potcheen
- Food: Ravioli de formaggio all’emiliana; Salsiccia e ‘Papacelli” Napoletani; and Cannoli al Cioccolato
- Drink: Moretti Beer; *Moretti La Rosa Prosecco; *Pinot Grigio Placido; Chianti Placido; and Italian Margherita (The Pinot Grigio was featured at the 2011 Epcot Food & Wine.)
- Food: California Roll; Spicy Hand Roll; *Teriyaki Chicken Hand Roll; and *Youki Tofu topped with Miso Sauce, Edamame and Served with Grilled Vegetables
- Drink: *Sapporo Draft Beer; Sake: *Junmai Ginjo; and *Green Tea Colada
- Food: Shrimp Taco with Purple Cabbage; Taco de Ribeye with Salsa de Chipotle; and *Rice Pudding
- Drink: Dos Equis Beer; *Sangria; Tequila Flight; and *Mango-Habanero Margarita
- Food: Kefta Pocket; Harissa Chicken Roll; and Baklava
- Drink: Casa Beer; *Ksar White; Sangria; and Mimosa Royale
New Zealand (1997)
- Food: *Gratinated Green Lip Mussels with Garlic and Herbs; Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney; and *Venison Sausage with Pickled Mushrooms, Baby Arugula and Black Currant Reduction
- Drink: Kim Crawford Pinot Grigio; *Mohua Sauvignon Blanc; Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay; and Kim Crawford Pinot Noir (The Mohua was featured at the 2011 Epcot Food & Wine.)
- Food: Kielbasa and Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream; and Zapiekanki (Toasted Mushroom, Caramelized Onion and Cheese Bread with House-made Ketchup)
- Drink: *Okocim Brewery, Okocim O.K. Beer; *Temptation Zinfandel; and *Frozen Szarlotka (Apple Pie) featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka
- Food: Dole Pineapple Fritters, Fried Shrimp with Dole Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce; Fried Chicken Chunks with Dole Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce; and Orange Dole Whip
- Drink: Orange Dole Whip with Crème de Cacao White; and (the returning) Dragon Berry Colada featuring Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum (Note: A frozen version was featured in the Caribbean Marketplace Kiosk at the 2012 Epcot Food & Wine.)
Scotland (New for 2013):
- Food: *Seared Scottish Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress and Malt Vinaigrette; *Vegetarian Haggis with Neeps and Tatties-Griddled Vegetable Cake with Rutabaga and Mashed Potatoes; and *Scottish Banoffee Tart with Bananas, Scottish Whisky Toffee, Walkers Shortbread Crumbles and Sweet Cream
- Drink: *Innis & Gunn Original; Loch Lomond cocktail featuring Glenfiddich 12 year, Drambuie and dry vermouth; and *Glenfiddich Scotch Flight (12, 15 and 18 year)
- Food: *Lemongrass Chicken Curry with Coconut and Jasmine Rice; and Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and “Singa” Sauce
- Drink: Tiger Beer; Marqués de Caceres Satinela; and Singapore Sling featuring Hendrick’s Gin and Cherry Herring (garnished with Cherry Man Farm-to-Market All-Natural maraschino cherry)
South Korea (2010)
- Food: *Kimchi Dog with Spicy Mustard Sauce; and Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw
- Drink: Bohae Black Raspberry Wine – Bokbunjajoo; Jinro Chamisul Soju; and Soju Fruit Slushy featuring Jinro Chamisul Soju
Terra (introduced in 2012)
- Food: Trick’n Chick’n Curry with Basmati Rice featuring Gardein Chick’n Breast; Chili Colorado with House-made Chips and Cashew Cheese featuring Gardein Beefless Tips; and Chocolate Cake with Coconut Mousse and Passion Fruit Sauce (In 2012, the flavors are the same but the cake’s toppings were different – the coconut was designed as foam and the passion fruit was a sorbet.)
- Drink: *Fresh Watermelon Juice; *Napa Smith Organic IPA; *The Vegan Vine Chardonnay; and *The Vegan Vine Red Blend
These Marketplace Kiosks offer a casual way to experience the regional flavors showcased at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, but “eating around the World” is but one way to experience it. Epcot Food & Wine also offers – among other things – special dining events and premium experiences, demonstrations and seminars, the opportunity to see celebrity chefs cook, or to participate in art, book and bottle signings.
The festival also features the free Eat to the Beat! Concert Series.
Admission to the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is included with Walt Disney World admission. However, sampling most of the food and beverage requires a separate purchase and special events are hard-ticket events with an additional cost.
Registration for the Epcot Food & Wine special events, dining experiences, demonstrations and seminars begins Aug. 13.
Kungaloosh! Put on your set of ears and join me in stalking the Mouse. Read more of my Disney Travel Examiner articles or sign up for a free subscription.