Anybody who is in business should have a business card, it is a great way to increase your network of contacts. It is very easy to hand a business card to anybody that you meet who you think you might be able to do business with in the future.
1. Reflection: Your business card is a reflection of you and your company you can’t afford to buy cheap ones. The importance of custom business cards for a business is that they will make you look more professional and give people a better first impression.
2. Professional The main reason that you want to design custom business cards for your business is that it makes you look more professional. Think about it do big corporations have employees going around handing out business cards that look like they came from a template? Of course not, it doesn’t look professional.
3. Custom vs Cheap: A custom business card tells people that you take your business seriously and that you have invested the money to run it properly. Sure its important to try to save money when you are running a business but you can’t do it in a way that makes it look like you are running your business on the cheap. Your clients will lose confidence in you if you give that impression.
4. Branding: The other main reason that you will want to have custom business cards for a business is for branding purposes. When you are in business you are going to have a lot of competitors and you need to make sure that you stand out from them.
5. Company Logo’s: This is the reason that companies have logos, they are something that people are going to remember. If you have a custom business card with you own logo on it people are going to remember your company.
6. Successful: More importantly it also helps to make you look more professional and successful. All the big companies put a great deal of effort into branding their business. If you do the same you are going to appear to be a big and successful company. Make no mistake this is important when trying to attract customers, people are far more likely to do business with a company that they view as successful.
7. Marketing & PR: Custom business cards can also allow you to use your card for marketing purposes and not just for networking or passing on your contact information. Traditionally a business card is used to give your contact information to somebody who at some future time you might do business with, it is mainly a networking tool. Therefore most business cards simply contain your contact information.
However there is no reason that you can’t include a list of the services you provide or the products that you sell. If your company has an advertising slogan put on the card. You can treat your business card like a small print advertisement. This will allow you to promote your products to potentially customers in a subtle and unobtrusive way.