We are always looking for the best tips to keep us health, and there are 7 great ones that you can start on today.
1. Take a cue from the cat: Learn to do stretching exercises when you wake up. This boosts circulation and digestion, and even will ease your back pain.
2. Eat breakfast every morning: Studies continue to show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Those who skip breakfast tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fiber breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yogurt.
3. Hygiene is key. Be good to your teeth and they will be good to you. Many people don’t know how to brush their teeth properly, and improper brushing can cause as much damage to the teeth and gums as not brushing at all. Many people don’t brush for a long enough duration, they don’t floss and don’t visit the dentist regularly. Hold the toothbrush in the same way that would hold a pencil, and brush for at least two minutes. This includes brushing the teeth, the gums, the tongue and the roof of the mouth.
4. Get what you give! Always giving and never taking? This is the short road to compassion fatigue. Give to yourself and receive from others, otherwise you’ll get to a point where you have nothing left to give. And hey, if you can’t receive from others, how can you expect them to receive from you?
5. Have a drink. A glass of red wine a day is good for you. A number of studies have found this, but a recent one found that the polyphenol which are contained in red wine may also help protect you against breast cancer.
6: Curry favor. Hot, spicy foods containing chillies or cayenne pepper trigger endorphins, the feel-good hormones. Endorphins have a powerful, almost narcotic, effect and make you feel good after exercising. But go easy on the lamb, pork and mutton and the high-fat, creamy dishes served in many Indian restaurants.
7. Add some smelly food to your diet. Garlic, onions, spring onions and leeks all contain stuff that’s good for you. A study at the Child’s Health Institute in Cape Town found that eating raw garlic helped fight serious childhood infections. Heat destroys these properties, so eat yours raw, wash it down with fruit juice or, if you’re a sissy, have it in tablet form.
Find more great Health Articles by me