Have you ever wondered how it would be to ride Splash Mountain during sunrise or to visit the Haunted Mansion at midnight? If you stop by the parks on May 24th, be prepared to stay for 24 hours! His marathon isn’t just going to occur at Disneyland Resort but also at WDW! It is a real celebration! This all-nighter kicks off the Monstrous Summer at Disneyland and DCA. The 24 hour Marathon is held in honor for the premiere of the new Disney/Pixar film, Monsters University, a prequel to the 20001 film Monsters Inc. This movie will hit theatres June 21st.
- The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre will transform into a Royal Dance Hall with a live band and dancing.
- Tomorrowland will host the TLT Monstrous Dance Club so get down and boogie the night away!
- Your favorite Star Wars characters will arrive to Tomorrowland. Grab you pajamas and head to Mickey’s Toontown for a late night character pajama party.
Disney California Adventure
- A Monstrous photo opportunity at the Monsters University Dorms in Hollywood Land.
- A New float designed just for the new film will lead the Pixar Play Parade.
- Stores and restaurants at Downtown Disney will also have extended hours. Restaurants such as Café Renee and the La Brea Bakery will be open for 24 hours while Ralph Brenan’s Jazz Kitchen Express will be open with extended hours. Go here for more information.
Special Merchandise and Meals
- There will be merchandise for the event such as tee shirts and a special design for hats. There will also be special meals featured at restaurants such as the Carnation Café and Blue Bayou.
For special information, visit here and here.
Brandon, Pam. “Special Eats Part of Monstrous All-Nighter Fun at Disney Parks « Disney Parks Blog .” Disney Parks. N.p., 17 May 2013. Web. 22 May 2013. <disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/special-eats-part-of-monst….
Glover, Erin. “For Your Information: What You Need to Know for Monstrous Summer All-Nighter at Disneyland Resort « Disney Parks Blog .” Disney Parks. N.p., 20 May 2013. Web. 22 May 2013. <disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/for-your-information-what-….
Glover, Erin. “Downtown Disney District Extended Hours for Monstrous Summer All-Nighter at the Disneyland Resort « Disney Parks Blog .” Disney Parks. N.p., 21 May 2013. Web. 21 May 2013. <disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/downtown-disney-district-e….
Slater, Shawn. “Attend Monsters University at Disney Parks This Summer « Disney Parks Blog .” Disney Parks. N.p., 25 Apr. 2013. Web. 22 May 2013. <disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/attend-monsters-university….
Smith, Thomas . “First Three-Park All-Nighter Kicks Off Monstrous Summer at the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts « Disney Parks Blog .” Disney Parks. N.p., 25 Apr. 2013. Web. 22 May 2013. <disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/first-three-park-all-night….