Imagine the Garden of Eden in the middle of the Sonoran desert. Now imagine rest and relaxation at its best through some of the most beautifully-designed and executed spa services. This is the Alvadora Spa experience.
At this elegant Mediterranean-concept spa, which is at home in the Royal Palms Resort in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area of Arizona, nurture and nature is infused into the services.
Signature treatments include the Royal Body Polish, Orange Blossom Body Buff, Citrus Grove Facial and more. The Acqua Dolce, Royal Palm Resort’s signature Villa for two, provides several of the water therapies including a Watsu pool for special in-water massages.
Glorianna Wood, Alvadora’s Spa Manager shared her insight and details about the spa:
- “Many of Alvadora’s guests use the spa as a “stay-cation” destination and course of regular stress relief.”
- “There are 25 full and part-time staff at the spa.”
- “We have a total of 7 indoor and 3 outdoor treatment rooms.”
- “Spa guests are typically female (estimated 70%). However, the industry is changing with the male guest population steadily increasing.”
- Services most-requested by female guests? “Massages and facials”
- Service most-requested by male guests? “Massages”
- Recommendations for those new to spas? “Depending on their level of comfortability, I would recommend a massage, facial or a partial service such as reflexology.”
- Recommendations for veteran spa-goers? “Try something that is unique to the Alvadora Spa—a signature service or treatment that you wouldn’t be able to get at another spa.”
- Tips for guests visiting the spa? “Come ready to spa and take full advantage of the amenities. Get in your robe and slippers; relax in the steam room, alternate hot and cold showers, enjoy a beverage, relax on a chaise, etc.”
My experience at the Alvadora Spa
Oh, where shall I begin…? They had me at “hello” when I entered the spa’s lobby. The environment of the Royal Palms Resort and Alvadora Spa enveloped me in its beauty and serenity. This was one of the most beautiful, relaxing and calming spa environments that I have ever visited. The surroundings welcome you like a crisp, clean linen on a cool summer night. Ever heard the saying, “Become one with nature”? The Alvadora Spa has fostered the perfect relationship between the guest and nature. This is the way that it was meant to be. They’ve made it easy to enjoy the beauty of the natural environment.
My “becoming one with nature” experience came through the extraordinary Citrus Ritual. I felt like a Mediterranean princess enjoying this 80-minute body treatment. It’s a mini-vacation packaged in a spa service. As described online, “The Citrus Ritual begins in Acqua Dolce with an exfoliating body therapy on a heated stone table while water gently cascades from above. The outdoor waterfall shower provides a final rinse. The Ritual continues in Acqua Gardino, a water garden with an herbal whirlpool bath which provides a relaxing soak with citrus flower essences while overlooking the garden with its romantic fireplace. The experience finishes with a gentle massage with a hydrating Honey and Orange Blossom lotion and warm compresses for your feet.” This service was completely exquisite.
For extra special treats this summer, try the cool-at-the-pool services that the Royal Palms and Alvadora Spa are offering. They include 15-minute Poolside Spa Therapies at $40 each. Alvadora’s Poolside Summer Menu:
- 15-minute Cool Stone Foot Massage
- 15-minute Cool Stone Reflexology Massage
- 15-minute Cucumber Eye and Scalp Treatment
Each poolside therapy includes hydrating cucumber water and cooling neck towels.
There is also the Taste of Alvadora spa package that gives guests a well-rounded sampling of what the Alvadora Spa offers. It includes four 25-minute treatments: 25-minute body scrub, 25-minute massage, 25-minute facial, and the choice of a 25-minute manicure or pedicure.
Alvadora Spa at The Royal Palms
5200 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85018