Bring your dog and some beach towels and enjoy a day of sunshine and fun at the Wilson Park Pool during the annual Doggie Dive Festival! The most fun you can have with a wet dog, the annual Doggie Dive Festival takes place on Saturday, Sept 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be goody bags for the first 100 dogs and fun for the whole family! Just one $5 admission per family lets you enjoy an open swim all day for dogs and owners, access to exhibitors and vendors, front-row seats for the Adoptable Mutt Strut, and special events which take place all day.
A tentative schedule of events is as follows:
- 12:00 Look-alike contest (owners and furry kids)
- 12:15 Ugliest Dog Contest
- 12:30 Stupid Pet Tricks
- 1:30 Adoptable Mutt Strut: find your furever child.
- 2:15 Tennis ball relay in the lap lanes
- 2:50 50/50 Raffle Drawing (winner must be present)
What you should know:
- No swimming unless you have a dog
- You CANNOT use your season pool pass to get in (this is a fundraiser, remember?)
- Accessible pool areas are 0 – 3 feet depth for all dogs
- NO retractable leashes
- Dogs are to remain on their leash until they get into the pool area
- Please remember to be considerate and “scoop the poop” – watch for the designated waste areas with complimentary mutt mitts
- Dogs that have trouble getting along with other dogs may be removed
- No dogs in heat
- Wash Your Dog will have a drier station at the pool to dry off your dogs, how cool is that?!
A portion of the proceeds will go to The Humane Society of Greater Dayton, Luv4k9s, SICSA, Ohio Pug Rescue, Robyn’s Nest Rescue, Team Greyhound & Sheltered Paws.
Supporters include The Humane Society of Greater Dayton, Luv4k9’s, Ohio Pug Rescue, Robyn’s Nest Rescue, Team Greyhound, Wash Your Dog, Dayton Emergency Vet Clinic, Pets In Stitches, Club K-9 Doggy Day Care, Kritter Sitter, That Photo Studio and SICSA.
To receive email notifications when my new articles post to the Dayton Small Pets Examiner page, please use the “Subscribe to Email” link (under the headline, above), or follow me on Twitter to receive notification of all of my articles. If you have questions, comments or suggestions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the timeliest response.