In 2008, former President Bill Clinton used the term “cracker” on Larry King Live to describe white voters he was attempting to win over for Barack Obama.
Said Clinton, “You know – they think that because of who I am and where my political base has traditionally been, they want me to go sort of hustle up what Lawton Chiles used to call the “cracker vote.”
If you can’t wait and read through the article to take the test on this page, click on this link, [Creepy-Ass-Cracka/er], and it will direct you to another website where the animated test is also available.
“Cracker” has also been used as a proud or jocular self-description. With the huge influx of new residents from the North, “cracker” is used informally by some white residents of Florida and Georgia (“Florida Cracker” or “Georgia Cracker”) to indicate that their families has lived there for many generations.
However, the term “white cracker” is seldom used self-referentially and remains an offensive racial slur used to demean Caucasians, commonly referred to as “whitey.”
Before the Milwaukee Braves baseball team moved to Atlanta, Georgia, the Atlanta minor league baseball team was known as the “Atlanta Crackers.”
In “Louisiana 1927,” the line “Ain’t it a shame what the river has done to this poor cracker’s land” was presented by President Coolidge.
You’ve probably heard the term creepy-ass-cracka or cracker” a lot lately, have an idea of what it means to you and may know some who fit your interpretation of the description.
So – Do you think you could be a “Creepy-Ass-Cracka/er”?
Take the 10 question test and truthfully answer those questions prepared on this page.
Or, you can click on this link, [Creepy-Ass-Cracka/er], and it will direct you to a website where the test has been prepared, animated and active.
The website will score your results immediately, flash a special attachment and also offer an ‘html’ code or a hot link that will encourage you to post the message to your Facebook wall if you choose.
All Questions require Yes or No as an answer . . .
1) Have you ever acted like one of the desperate housewives and sipped Pinot’ Grigio out of real wine glasses with friends in a local park while watching your kids play on the swings and slides?
2) Do you actually believe that you are talented enough to place in the top 12 on American Idol or America’s Got Talent?
3) If driving through drug lord areas on vacation, do you take pictures of the territorial graffiti with your iPhone, send them to your friends and tell them that the photos are actually reproductions of original paintings in the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago?
4) If you received a text message from any government agency and it said “call us – we’re here to help you,” would you believe the message and call the accompanying number?
5) Do you send party, birthday or graduation announcements to out-of-town relatives because you know they won’t be there anyway but will always send a gift of money?
6) Do you drive an SUV with a child’s car seat set up in the rear but have never had any children of your own?
7) Would you consider buying a lifetime membership to the NRA as a baby shower gift for a soon to be born child?
8) Would you ever consider endorsements or recommendations from Chris Matthews or Al Sharpton at MSNBC seriously as part of your personal choice or lifestyle?
9) While talking to a person of color or minority, have you ever twirled your long soft and flawless hair around your fingertips during the conversation?
10) Do you think that a special event celebration is drinking Lambrusco and ordering the all-you-can-eat crab leg dinner at a local Red Lobster Restaurant?
Results – You could be a “Creepy-Ass-Cracka/er” if:
You answered YES to five (5) or more questions you are definitely a “Creepy-Ass-Cracka/er.”
Even though you’ve taken this version of the test, don’t forget to go to the [“Creepy-Ass-Cracka/er”] website to complete the animated version
To report a news breaking story or item of interest, call (256) 738-2200 or drop an email to email@example.com.