On Tuesday, demonstrations took place at IRS offices nationwide as various Tea Party groups protested being targeted by the agency. Keeping an eye on several protests, however, were armed agents of the Department of Homeland Security, The Blaze reported.
Jason Howerton reported that it remains unclear why “federal officials felt the Tea Party presence required more than the attention of local law enforcement.”
Jim Hoft of the Gateway Pundit said that armed DHS guards greeted Tea Party activists in St. Louis.
“Around 300 protesters turned out anyway,” he wrote.
According to an account posted by Hoft, DHS used a helicopter against Tea Party protesters in Los Angeles and told the group they were not allowed on federal property.
“Many of our 300 tea party folks were approached immediately by Homeland Security and told they could not be on federal property. My lawyer told me as long as I didn’t block passage we were OK. Many Homeland Security trucks and a helicopter above us scared many patriots so most of group went to public side walk to rally,” an unnamed Tea Party activist told Hoft.
A report at BizPac Review said the DHS also made an appearance at a Tea Party protest in Florida.
“Under the watchful eye of Homeland Security — yes, they were present — protestors carried signs that read ‘We Do Not Consent to Tyranny,’ ‘Abolish the IRS’ and ‘Don’t Target me Bro!,’ making it clear they do not condone the use of the IRS as a political weapon,” Tom Tillison wrote.
A protest in Fort Wayne, Ind., actually had more police than Tea Party. Howerton said that a lone woman “was reportedly accompanied by three visible security guards in the IRS parking lot, which included a Homeland Security officer.”
“The DHS appears to have finally found a use for all those bullets it’s been buying,” Paul Joseph Watson wrote at Prison Planet, echoing a sentiment at Fire Andrea Mitchell.
“Amazing how Obama can send out his stormtroopers for peaceful IRS protests by the tea party, yet couldn’t bother with the ‘bumps in the road’ in Benghazi,” Fire Andrea Mitchell said.
According to reports, the Tea Party protests concluded without incident.
Video of the protest in St. Louis can be seen here.
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Jay Carney to Piers Morgan: Scandals involving IRS, Benghazi, AP ‘don’t exist’
- Limbaugh: Obama administration operating like ‘banana republic-type government’
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat’l defense
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for ‘benevolent’ Obama dictatorship
- Anonymous IRS official: ‘Everything comes from the top’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Flashback: Chuck Schumer, Al Franken sign letter demanding IRS target Tea Party groups in 2012
- NAACP chair: Legitimate for IRS to target ‘admittedly racist’ Tea Party
- Is the ‘mainstream media’ fomenting violence against conservatives?
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.