Sometimes a person has to wonder why prices keep going up and service remains poor or without change. In the case of AT&T, it’s pretty clear where the costs are going; into your service areas. As a matter of fact, this is just a short list of where your monies go. They are going into upgrades for you.
The upgrades involved adding new layers of frequency to 50 cell sites in Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Monroe counties. The additional capacity makes it possible for the cell sites to accommodate more traffic, which helps improve the performance of mobile Internet data and voice connectivity for customers.
The Miami-Dade County areas benefiting from the upgrades include:
- West Kendall – S.W. 88th St./Kendall Dr. and S.W. 157th Ave./Newton Rd.
- East Kendall – Kings Bay area at S.W. 136th St. and Ludlam Rd.
- Kendall – Kendall Ave., S.W. 104th St., S.W. 60th St., S.W. 72nd St.
- Doral – N.W. 58th St. south to N.W. 25th St., and N.W. 107th Ave. east to the Palmetto Expressway
- Miami Beach/North Shores – 69th St. and Abbott Ave./Royal Palms Ave.; W. 47th Ave./17th St. S. to 5th St.; and 5th St./Alton Rd. east to Washington Ave.
- Coral Gables – S.W. 8th St.
- West Miami – S.W. 57th Ave.
- Miami – W. Flagler St., S.W. 8th St., S.W. 7th Ter., S. Biscayne Blvd., N.E. 2nd Ave., North Miami Ave., S.E. 1st St.
- Olympia Heights – S.W. 40th St., S.W. 117th Ave.
- Hialeah – N.W. 194th St., W. 84th St., N.W. 165th St., W. 79th St., N.W. 68th Ave., New Barn Rd., N.W. 183rd St.
The Palm Beach County areas benefiting from the upgrades include:
- Boca Raton – Glades Rd., Rogers Cr., Clint Moore Rd., Yamato Rd., Congress Ave.
- Palm Beach Gardens – PGA Blvd. south to Northlake Blvd. and Military Trail east to Prosperity Farms Rd.
- Juno Beach – north of PGA Blvd. along U.S. Hwy. 1
And the Monroe County areas benefiting from the capacity upgrades include:
- Marathon – Overseas Hwy. and U.S. Hwy. 1
- Key Largo – Largo Rd. and Magnolia St.
- Tavernier – Overseas Hwy.
That’s it for now. Enjoy the great weather, my fellow Floridians.