Want to add spice to your beach wear? Accessorize with body jewelry to look great in your swimsuit for all occasions at the beach. The right piece of jewelry can give you and your outfit the unique look that stands out in the crowd. Whether you are spending a relaxing casual day at the beach, strolling by the water with a hot date, dancing with friends at a party or celebrating a beach wedding, there are many swimwear jewelry options online and right here in Grand Rapids.
Swimwear Jewelry for Style and Comfort
When you decide to wear jewelry at the beach, you should consider both style and comfort. Your jewelry choices should not only match your outfit, but also be comfortable to wear during your activities. At the beach, you may be very active, spend time in water and sand, or participate in sports. Some metals and materials in jewelry can irritate sensitive skin when you sweat. Chunky jewelry may get in the way when you are very active. Certain delicate jewelry may get ruined if covered in sand or exposed to water. You may want to remove the jewelry before participating in many beach sports or swimming to avoid ruining or losing jewelry, or even risking injury if your gem gets caught on something.
Some types of more permanent body jewelry can’t be removed during beach activities, such as belly rings and other piercings. However, be sure to protect the piercing from any potential injury while swimming or playing sports. Consider covering the piercing with a shirt, swimsuit cover, or other item while playing the sport. You don’t want a piercing accidentally ripped out while participating in a sport.
Body Jewelry Ideas for the Beach
Earrings, necklaces and bracelets are not the only way to dress up your swimwear. Beach jewelry ideas include:
- Body chains: Metal or beaded chains in designs that wrap around your upper body
- Belly chains: Metal or beaded chains that circle the waist or hips
- Hand chains: All metals or bead designs that wrap around the wrist and fingers
- Anklets: Metal or bead mix designs in gemstones, resin or other materials that attach around the ankle
- Belly rings: Decorative jewelry for the belly button available in paste-on attachments or pierced designs
- Barefoot sandals: Jewelry for the foot that wraps around the ankles and toes in the shape of a sandal
Tips for Picking Beach Jewelry
Since you want to look good and have fun at the beach, consider the following tips when selecting swimwear jewelry:
- Pick jewelry that adds to your outfit and doesn’t clash. Less is more. For example, if you choose a chunky necklace, you may not need any other accessory. You want jewelry that makes your swimsuit look like a trendy outfit, but is also comfortable to wear at the beach.
- Belly chains can add sparkle to a bikini and emphasize your fit waist. They can also spice up a solid-colored one-piece.
- Body chains look great with a bikini and can be arranged different ways to jazz up a two-piece.
- Select body jewelry for the beach that flatters your body the best. For instance, a belly chain will draw attention to your waist. While, some body chains can add dazzle to a one-piece to emphasize other great features.
Sources for Swimwear Jewelry in Grand Rapids
Find beach jewelry at the following Grand Rapids retailers:
- Claire’s: Both the local Claire’s at Woodland Mall and River Town Crossing have many earrings, anklets and body jewelry in fun designs that look great with beach wear. Call 616-949-2710 to contact the Woodland Mall Claire’s or 616-532-3045 for the River Town Crossing store. You can also shop online at the website.
- Piercing Pagoda: The Piercing Pagoda is a great local source for body jewelry in all types of metals and materials. You can also get a new body piercing to show off this summer at the beach. Call 616-974-5781 for the Woodland Mall store to find out the latest collection. The Pagoda website also has some special online discounts.
- Spirit Dreams: Spirit Dreams offers unusual art jewelry in styles that look great at casual or dressy beach events. This is a good source for new age jewelry. Call 616-456-9889 to get details on their current jewelry selections.
- Kledesigns: Grand Rapids jewelry artist Tina Dibble sells barefoot sandals that can be purchased online at her Etsy shop, Kledesigns. This is one of many Etsy shops that offers numerous options for handcrafted beach body jewelry, such as body chains, belly chains, hand chains and barefoot sandals, that would complement any beach outfit.
Dress up your swimwear and dazzle everyone at your next beach outing.