Entertainment reporter Matthew Rodrigues chats with fashion reporter Allison McNamara Friday, May 31, 2013 for PopSugarTV about what to pack for a summer weekend getaway.
McNamara says, “Six wardrobe essentials come to mind.”
Wow, I think I can come up with a few more fashion elements than that but hey, let’s look at McNamara’s go to list for the best summer getaway wardrobe.
- Two-tone duffle bag made of navy canvas with red leather bottom that can be monogrammed and given away as a gift or keep it for yourself.
- Itsy bitsy teeny weenie polka dotted bikini
- Bold striped pullover (I thought I put in a request on twitter to stop making those, wha?)
- White high waisted girly shorts with lace embroidered and scalloped edge on the hemline (Yes, I love this look)
- Loose fitting turquoise top that covers enough flesh to get you down to the pool or beach with dignity
- Thong-toed cognac gold trim sandal
What would you add to this list?
I’m thinking sunglasses, hat, party dress, white denim jeans, sweater and a denim jacket for the off chance a cool summer night sets in.
Fashion blogger and ex-Bachelorette Emily Maynard says, “If you see me running around Charlotte this summer, chances are I’ll be wearing some version of a maxi dress. Not only are they flattering, but they’re also super comfortable and cute. This multi colored one from “Lush” is one of my favorites.”
Maxi dresses are so popular in America and pretty much anywhere in the US the maxi dress will be out on the streets and in the suitcase going on vacation.
Summer is heating up and these fashion go to items need to be right at your fingertips. Let’s see where is my suitcase?