The Manulife Financial LPGA Classic has signed up BlackBerry as the presenting partner of the tournament scheduled for July 8-14 at Grey Silo Golf Course in Waterloo.
This relationship will also lead to the development of the BlackBerry Community Program, a collaboration celebrating the region that both Manulife Financial and BlackBerry call home. The program will offer special opportunities for the entire community to get involved with the world-class LPGA event.
“Community engagement is critical to the success of the tournament,” said Nicole Boivin, SVP and Chief Branding and Communications Officer for Manulife Financial. “We’re delighted that BlackBerry has increased their involvement in the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic this year and welcome their commitment to further engage the local community in the tournament.”
The BlackBerry Community Program will include the following initiatives:
- The BlackBerry Junior Golf Clinic on June 11 will invite a select group of junior golfers to participate in a clinic featuring the 2012 Manulife Financial LPGA Classic champion Brittany Lang on the driving range at Grey Silo.
- On July 7, a BlackBerry Community Event will see representatives from the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic and BlackBerry host a public celebration for the Region in Waterloo Town Square. This family-friendly event will feature ticket giveaways, children’s activities, giveaways of BlackBerry devices, games and other activities to help generate excitement about the upcoming Manulife Financial LPGA Classic.
- The BlackBerry Welcome Area will be open to the public, and will offer demos of the new BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones, and the opportunity to talk to technical representatives, as well as charging stations and other rewards for BlackBerry smartphone customers.
- Throughout the tournament, The BlackBerry Family Zone will feature a variety of kid-friendly, family-focused activities that will be available on the tournament grounds. The area will be set up near the main entrance. Families can look forward to such activities as: mini-putting, face-painting, bouncy castles and more.
- Keep Moving for Heart Health, presented by BlackBerry and developed in conjunction with St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation, will offer event-goers a pedometer to track their steps as they move about Grey Silo, encouraging them to take their first steps to heart health at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic. Event-goers and enthusiasts can witness the total number of kilometres walked rise daily thanks to updates on-course and in media releases.
- BlackBerry customers will receive tournament updates through the BBM Friends Updates initiative, a tournament specific BBM group while on-site – a program that was launched in 2012 and will be enhanced for 2013. This on-site messaging program is designed to enhance the event experience, and gives BlackBerry customers a direct connection to sponsor messaging, on-site activities and contests, upcoming schedules, weather information, and more.
Tickets to the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic start at $30 and kids 15 and under will be admitted for free with a ticketed adult.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.manulifeclassic.ca.