Today TVShowAuditions.info is reporting that Danni Productions and Ole’ Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television Production are now in pre-production on the brand new science fiction romance series “Star-Crossed”, and casting calls will be going out for series regulars, guest starring, and recurring roles. Additional casting for smaller speaking roles will take place in New Orleans, Louisiana where shooting on the series will take place from August 18th through December 1st, 2013. The show’s extras will be cast locally throughout production on the first season. The series is about children from an alien race that landed on Earth a decade ago are finally allowed to integrate into the human high school. An attraction develops between an alien boy Roman, and a human girl Emery who is not popular.
Starring in “Star-Crossed” is Young Hollywood Awards winner Aimee Teegarden in the lead role of Emery Whitehill. Teegarden is best known for her role as Julie Taylor on the NBC series “Friday Night Lights”. She recently starred opposite Liam Hemsworth in the feature film “Love and Honor”. Also starring in “Star-Crossed” is actor and model Matt Lanter playing the lead role of the Orion alien Roman. Lanter has enjoyed a very successful career in a short time. He is best known for his role of Liam Court in the CW series 90210.
Two-time Writers Guild of America WGA Award nominee Meredith Averill is the show’s creator and executive producer. Also executive producing is Bryan and Sean Furst, Daniel Gutman, BAFTA Film Award nominee Scott Rosenberg, Writers Guild of America WGA Award nominee Josh Appelbaum, and Writers Guild of America WGA Award nominee André Nemec. Primetime Emmy Award winner Richard Shepard will also executive produce for Olé productions. Meredith Averill will serve as the series showrunner.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and registration information for extras can be found on the following casting post:
“Star-Crossed” Casting Calls
All talent must and be legally eligible to work in the state of Louisiana and in the United States.
The 2013 Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Louisiana and the United States:
• Louisiana Child Performer Law Information Sheet
• Louisiana Child Performer Trust Act Sheet
• Louisiana Minor Trust Deduction Guidelines
• Louisiana Minor Intention To Employ Form
• Louisiana Employment of Minors Informational Booklet
• Louisiana Film, TV, and Commercials Minor Labor Law Summary
In addition to the following Actors Resources:
• New Orleans Casting Directors List
• Baton Rouge Casting Directors List
• Shreveport Casting Directors List
• Louisiana Actors Unions and Resources
• General Talent Agent Information
• Louisiana Talent Agents List
• Louisiana Acting Classes and Schools List
• Summer Performing Arts Camps
• Headshot Photographers List
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Actors Resources
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permit Information
• USA Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.