The first weekend in August is an excellent time to get out and enjoy a summer festival in the Chicago. The biggest music fest in the area, Lollapalooza in Grant Park, is sold out. There are numerous festivals and fairs in the Chicagoland area this weekend, so enjoy one or more of the many events available during the weekend of Aug. 1-4, 2013.
Update: Chicago area fests and fairs weekend Aug. 8-11
Five day festivals that run from Wed.-Sun., July 31-Aug 4, include the McHenry County Fair and Northbrook Days.
The McHenry County Fair is a five day event that runs July 31-Aug. 4, in Woodstock at the 11900 Country Club Road in Woodstock. The county fair offers fun for the entire family, with agricultural exhibits, demolition derbys, tractor pulls, food, music and a variety of entertainment.
The 89th Annual Northbrook Days Festival is a five day fest that runs from July 31- Aug. 4, at the Village Green (intersection of Shermer and Meadows Roads). The family friendly festival features food, beer and wine tent, Bocce tournaments, Bingo, music and a variety of entertainment. The musical lineup includes:
- Wed., July 31: 7th Heaven (8 p.m.)
- Thurs., Aug. 1: Heartless (8 p.m.)
- Fri., Aug. 2: The Harry Peter Project (6-7:30 p.m.) and The White Crew (8:30 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 3: Wireless Soul (6 p.m.) and The Buckinghams (8:30 p.m.)
- Sun., Aug 4: Heartache Tonight (7:15 p.m.).
Four day festivals, running from Thurs.-Sun., Aug. 1-4, include fests in Lincolnwood, Hampshire and Romeoville.
Lincolnwood Fest, in the north suburb of Lincolnwood, is a four day fest that runs Aug. 1-4. The fest offers carnival rides, kids activities, a beer and wine tent, food, Bingo and more. There will be a car show on Sun. The musical lineup includes:
- Thurs., Aug. 1: Lincolnwood Summer Campers (5:30 p.m) and Beatles tribute band American English (7:30 p.m.).
- Fri., Aug. 2: Sour Patch Monkey (5:30 p.m.) and Rico: Santana tribute band (7:30 p.m.).
- Sat., Aug. 3: Performing Arts Limited (2-3 p.m.), Brass from the Past (5:30-7:30 p.m.) and Infinity: Journey tribute band (8-11 p.m.).
- Sun., Aug. 4: Final Say top 40 and classic hits (4:30-6:30) and 7th Heaven Rock & Roll (7- p.m.).
Coon Creek Country Days in Hampshire is a four day festival that runs Aug.1-4 in the far western suburbs of Chicago. The family fest features a variety of entertainment, carnival rides, food, crafts, beer and more. The fireworks show is on Sat. at dusk. The parade is on Sun. at noon. The musical lineup includes:
- Thurs.: Drift Away (8-10 p.m.)
- Fri.: Aloha Chicago (6-8 p.m.) and Hi-Infidelity (9-midnight)
- Sat.: The Neverly Brothers (9:45-midnight)
- Sun: 7th Heaven (2-4 p.m.)
Romeofest in Romeoville is a four day festival that runs Aug. 1-4. The festival offers variety of family oriented fun, including carnival rides, music, food, Bingo, face painting and entertainment. There will be fireworks show on Fri. and Sun. nights. Bands playing at the Amphitheatre include:
- Thurs., Aug. 1: Maggie Speaks (7- 10 p.m.)
- Fri., Aug. 2: Dot Dot Dot – energized pop/rock (8:30-11:30 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 3: Serendipity (7:30-8:30 p.m.) and 7th Heaven (9:30-11:30 p.m.)
- Sun., Aug. 4: Youth Band (1:30-2:30), BBI with a variety of oldies to today (4-6 p.m.) and Afrodisiacs disco (7-9:30 p.m.).
There are several three day festivals this weekend, including fests in Frankfort, Lake Villa, North Chicago, North Aurora, Orland Park and Shorewood.
CD & Me in Frankfort is holding a three day concert event in their outdoor gardens. The general admission is $60 for three days. See the CD & Me website for additional information, along with buffet and VIP ticket options.
- Thurs., Aug 1: Kansas with M&R Rush
- Fri., Aug 2: The Charlie Daniels Band
- Sat., Aug. 3: Bret Michaels and 7th Heaven
Lake Villa Days is a three day festival in the far northwestern suburbs. The family fest features carnival games, bingo, food, beverages, live entertainment and the famous water fights.. Fireman water fights are scheduled for Saturday at 5:30 pm and the business people water fights will be held Sunday at 12 pm. The music lineup includes Bella Cain on Sat. and Modern Day Romeos on Sun.
North Chicago Community Days Festival is a three day fest that runs Aug. 2-4 in the far northern suburb.
North Aurora Days is a three day festival, at locations throughout the community, that runs Aug. 2-4. The Chicagoland Emergency Vehicle Show gives a lights and sirens parade on Fri. (7 p.m.) and a vehicle show on Sat. (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.).The car show, truck and bike show is on Sun. (9 a.m.-4 p.m.). On Sun. there is a chance to get pictures with your pet (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.) and a pet parade (1-3:30 p.m.). Live bands include:
- Fri., Aug. 1: Yourz Truly (6-8 p.m.) and Hillbilly Rockstarz Country Western (8:30-11:30 p.m.).
- Sat., Aug. 2: Windy City Rev Ups (6-8 p.m.) and Fiction (8:30-11:30 p.m.).
Taste of Orland Park is a three day event that runs Aug. 2-4. The Main Stage lineup includes:
- Fri., Aug. 1: ARRA Classic Rock (5-7 p.m.), Carl Sandburg HS Marching Band (7:30-8:15 p.m.) and Mason Rivers Country Western (8:30-11 p.m.).
- Sat., Aug. 2: Johnny Russler & Beach Bum Band (1:30-3:30 p.m.), Second Time Around Classic Rock (4:30-7 p.m.) and Slippery When Wet (8:30-11 p.m.).
- Sun., Aug. 3: The Meteors 50s and 60s (1-3 p.m.), Chicago Tribute Anthology: Chicago tribute band (4-6 p.m.) and American English Beatles Tribute Band (7-9 p.m.).
Shorewood Crosswoods Fest is a three day festival that runs Aug. 2-4, in the far southwestern suburb of Shorewood. The fest features old fashioned carnival fun and family friendly entertainment. The fireworks show is on Sat. night.
- Fri., Aug. 2: Strung Out (6 p.m.) and Libido Funk Circus (9-midnight).
- Sat., Aug. 3: Kashmir, a Led Zepplin tribute band (6:30 p.m.) and ARRA (9:15 p.m.).
Warrenville Summer Daze is a two day event that runs Aug. 2-4. The music lineup includes:
- Fri., Aug. 2: East Lincoln Avenue (6-7 p.m.), Fortunate Sons (7:30-9 p.m.) and Maggie Speaks (9:30-11:30 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 3: Battle of the Bands (1-4 p.m.), Denny Diamond (5:30-7 p.m.), Hillbilly Rockstarz (7:30-9 p.m.) and Hi Infidelity (9:30-11:30 p.m.).
Event schedules are subject to change without notice. Please check the festival website for details.
Wisconsin State Fair Main Stage lineup of bands 2013
Tall Ships sailing to Navy Pier Chicago for maritime festival
Bristol Renaissance Faire 26th season of 16th Century fun
Six Flags lights up night with igNIGHT Grande Finale