Over the last eleven years, Chikara went from a small training facility with short, weak shows to one of the top independent wrestling organizations in the world. While they seek to expand their live shows into more venues every year, they still have yet to reach the Eastern Iowa area. Luckily for fans here and around the world, every Chikara event is available from Smartmark Video and in the case of their June 2 card, live on internet pay-per-view.
“Aniversario: Never Compromise” marks the transition into the company’s twelfth year of operation. They do so with several big matches with every title on the line. Two big trios matches could shape the face of the next King of Trios (which will likely be announced at the pay-per-view). The show even comes with the in-ring debut of announcer Gavin Loudspeaker, the long-time voice of Chikara.
A full list of the matches is below:
- In a special pre-show bout free for all fans, Mr. Touchdown defends his Young Lions Cup against Saturyne.
- In a rematch from the season premiere, Delirious battles the returning Dasher Hatfield.
- The reigning King of Trios champions The Spectral Envoy battle The Colony: Xtreme Force in a match that should define King of Trios for 2013.
- In a Hair versus Hair match, Gavin Loudspeaker makes his in ring debut against Tim Donst. Donst has been on a losing streak of late, but can an announcer hope to beat him even with all of Gavin’s recent training at the Chikara Wrestle Factory?
- At Tag World Grand Prix the Devastation Corporation completely destroyed Fire Ant and Green Ant of the Colony. With assailANT back at their side, can The Colony overcome the massive power of Blaster McMassive, Max Smashmaster and new third member Flex Rumblecrunch?
- In a Sarcophagus match, Amasis finally looks to get revenge against Ophidian for the brutal attack over a year and a half ago.
- 3.0 defend their Campeones de Parejas against The Shard and Jigsaw. The Pieces of Hate have been totally dominant as a tag team, but 3.0 have something to prove in their second Chikara tag title reign.
- In the main event, Eddie Kingston seeks to win his fourteenth title defense against Icarus. Kingston has grown more and more bitter in recent months as his frustrations with Director of Fun Wink Vavasseur have often been taken out on the fans. Meanwhile the much hated Icarus seems ready to turn over a new leaf as he enters the fight, even recruiting tag team wrestling legend Marty Jannetty as his corner man. Could Icarus cement a new babyface role in the company and become the second ever Grand Champion in one contest?
Chikara’s “Aniversario: Never Compromise” airs live at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 2. The event is available for only $14.99 at Smartmark Video-on-Demand and comes with unlimited replays at that low price. Wrestling fans young and old, long time or new, can all find something to love here.