Cindy Crawford and her 11-year-old daughter Kaia made headlines this week as the supermodel and her super gorgeous child were spotted together in Malibu on April 28. The Internet blew up declaring Kaia is the spitting image of Cindy. If you want to know how to get a similar look to the 47-year-old mother, then read on how to emulate Crawford’s celebrity hairstyle.
During Cindy Crawford’s latest trek to the Windy City, the iconic beauty paid a visit to George the Salon Chicago, where celebrity hairstylist and owner George Gonzalez, pictured above with the supermodel, fashioned her “girl next door” locks.
When it comes to hair, Chicago is known for keeping styles soft and natural. It’s the ‘girl next door’ feel but sexier. A natural beauty like Cindy Crawford is a perfect example of this.
George shared his celebrity hairstyle tips below on how he created his signature blowout on Cindy Crawford.
- With your blow dryer set to a medium heat setting, take the excess moisture out of wet hair drying tresses until they are damp. Make sure to softly use your fingers during this process and point the dryer’s nozzle down to seal each cuticle.
- Next, divide hair and clip into sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free to style first.
- Taking 2-inch sections and starting at the nape, use a medium round brush to smooth hair straight. Concentrate on lifting the roots to create body and fullness, while using the flick of your wrist and the curvature of the brush to create bend and bounce at the ends.
- As each section is complete, roll the piece into a loose curl and secure with a clip.
- Once cooled, take down and use your fingers to gently shake out the style for a signature supermodel blowout. Mist with hairspray for a flexible hold with staying power and enhanced shine.
George also provided a few hair care tips to avoid frizz and have a shiny, enduring blowout similar to Cindy Crawford.
The best way to avoid frizz is to blow dry your hair from the top down. Direct the dryer towards the tips and always dry the roots about 70% first. Then, you can make sure to control the ends with your brush or even try using your hands to press the dried hair smooth. Create a product cocktail combining a leave in conditioner and a volumizing mousse.
If you are in Chicago, visit George the Salon, where Cindy Crawford had her beautiful celebrity hairstyle blowout.
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA usedview.com. For more celebrity hairstyle how-to guides similar to the above, click subscribe or follow Deirdre on Twitter, like her on Facebook fan page, Ask the Pro, read her blog or email her any comments or questions.