“The Next Food Network Star” will air on the Food Network for their ninth season on June 2, 2013. Unlike the other eight seasons, the show will have some changes. There will be a winner, but the prize is uncertain this year. It used to be that the winners would get to host their own show. Justin Warner, the winner from last year, didn’t get his own show, Rebel Eats. Instead, he got a one hour special. According to the Food Network video, Robert Irving will announce the name of one eliminated finalists that will return for another chance.
They have a great lineup of contestants this year. Seven of the finalists appeared on other shows including those on the Food Network channel.
· Chris Hodgson has the Hodge Podge truck you saw on Season 2 of the Great Food Truck Race. He is also the Chef at Hodge’s and Dim and Den Sum.
· Viet Pham was on Extreme Chef and he won over Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America. He is the chef at forage Restaurant.
· Stacy Poon-Kinney had her San Diego restaurant, The Trails, made over by Robert Irving on Restaurant Impossible. She is the chef and owner of The Trails Eatery.
· Connie “Lovely” Jackson from Hell’s Kitchen, will compete. She is also a private chef, and Sometime recording Artist.
· Danushka Lysek, a New York model and private chef was on 24-HourRestaurant Battle and was another contestant on chopped, eliminated on the first round. She also is a private chef and cooking instructor.
· Russell Jackson also known as “The Dissident Chef” battled and lost on Iron Chef America. He is a chef for hire.
· Nikki Dinki from New York is a food blogger and voice-over actress.
· Andres Guillama from Waynesville N.C. is a regional representative at Mindy’s Bakery.
· Rodney Henry has appeared on many familiar Food Network shows such as “Paula Deen, Down Home with the Neelys, Throwdown with Bobby Flay and the 2011 Halloween episode of Chopped where he didn’t make it to the second round. He is also the founder of Dangerously Delicious Pies.
· Damaris Phillips is a writer for LouisvilleBeer.com and a culinary instructor.
· Daniela Perez-Reyes has no information available at this time.
· Chad Rosenthal is a barbecue enthusiast.
Gone are the teams as they had other years. This year, Bobby Flay, Alton Brown and Giada De Laurentiis will assume the roles of judges and mentors. Bob Tuschman and Susie Fogelson will be there as in other years, offering their praise or telling them what they did wrong.
Be sure to tune in to the Food Channel Season Premiere Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 8 p.m. central.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please click on the subscribe button above to receive an email when new articles are published by this examiner.
Other articles suggested by the author;
Christina O Donoghue youngest contestant on Cupcake Wars
Robert Irvine fixes Pinehurst Country Lodge by giving it a makeover
The three latest diner closings after renovation from Restaurant Impossible
Paula Deen Launches a new line of healthier food products