President Obama came to Jacksonville Florida today to discuss how important Jaxport is because of the potential for it to compete with the global market. The president even flew into the JAX International Airport on Air Force One. You should now be ready to come to Jacksonville Florida with Hotel Reservations & places to hold your Parties, Business Meetings and all around Gatherings. Have you considered a Cruise or leaving your car home and just flying the friendly skies? See how nice it is to leave from JAX to go on that cruise you’ve always wanted to take.
New Transportation & Airlift Options:
- Jacksonville is located in the intersection of two major interstates, 95 and 10. They also have one of the largest ports in the Southeast, an Amtrak rail station, an International Airport and one of the oldest operating ferries in the state of Florida.
- Go from the “Windy city” to the “River city”! Southwest Airlines started a new nonstop service from Jacksonville International Airport to Chicago’s Midway Airport. The flight departs Jacksonville daily at 8:15 a.m., arriving in Chicago at 9:50 a.m. The flight from MDW will depart at 6:40 p.m. and arrive in JAX at 9:55 p.m. Currently, American Airlines and United Airlines fly to Chicago’s O’Hare Airport from Jacksonville.
- How about a tropical getaway? You can now fly to the Bahamas from Jacksonville International Airport weekly. The once-a-week service departs Jacksonville on Saturdays at 10:31 a.m., arriving in Marsh Harbor at 12:16 p.m. The return flight departs Marsh Harbour on Saturdays at 12:46, arriving in Jacksonville at 2:54 p.m.
- The Jacksonville Aviation Authority and the Jacksonville International Airport Arts Commission unveiled “Celestial Playground,” a new mural created by New York Artist Amy Cheng. The mural is the latest addition to the permanent art collection at the airport. It is located in the courtyard area inside the airport.
New at JAX Port/Cruising:
- Jacksonville’s cruising scene is evolving, offering more competitive pricing and less hassle than other popular Florida cruise ports.
- The Carnival Fascination has a new stop during its five-day cruises at the beautiful Little Stirrup Cay. The private island offers beautiful white-sandy beaches, nature trails and plenty of marine life.
Next time: Parks, Arts & Culture
- Please click on Ms. “V”s Video to the left of this column. “SUBSCRIBE” to both the JAX Christian-Living-Examiner and the JAX Events Examiner so you don’t miss any articles from Ms. “V” (Victoria Thomas Poller).
- “Subscribe”, “Like” & Follow Ms. “V” on Face Book, Twitter, & Ms. “V”s Website