A Sussex County, DE, couple experienced fear and odd behavior during and immediately after a “huge disc” UFO slowly moved away after hovering directly above their home, according to May 1, 2013, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The couple had been watching television together in their family room when the wife walked to the opposite end of the home to smoke a cigarette about 7 p.m. on January 23, 2013. Although the couple had lived in the house for 20 years and had never heard owls on their property – the woman began hearing what appeared to be multiple owls hooting.
“Marveling at the loudness of the hoots and the seemingly numerous owls that had popped in for a visit, I went to the windows to see if I could pinpoint the locations,” the reporting witness stated. “When I looked out into the darkness, they stopped. Then I walked away toward the family room and they gave another series of hoots.”
Both the husband and wife became alarmed.
“I observed his body language more closely and determined that he was rather alarmed and startled which I found satisfying as I felt the same. We seemed to both be, at the same time, wanting to go out with a flashlight to investigate, but I stayed behind and walked quickly back to the living room to watch his progress.”
The wife thought that her husband’s behavior seemed odd.
“I didn’t see him so I came back to the family room and he was already coming back through the sliding glass door. He seemed frustrated and agitated and stammered, ‘Those things are long gone!’ I was quite startled because he had never progressed any farther than a few steps onto the patio. He had never gone all the way around to the front of the house where the sounds came from.”
The wife then walked back to the living room to look through windows herself.
“I peered out the living room door and I saw a huge disc in the sky, barely moving, coming straight from over our house going east! It had lights randomly blinking red, blue, yellow and green!”
The woman then returned to the family room as her husband continued to act odd.
“He seemed totally uninterested and was watching TV again! I looked out the sliding glass doors that he had just a few moments ago re-entered and the craft was still quietly gliding, well, creeping along over the field next to our house! I thought, how odd that was, because it seemed that there were small airplanes buzzing around it! I thought it would be in the news or something but it never was.”
The woman then attempted to view the craft through binoculars as it moved slowly away.
“I look at the craft and it was not focusing. I was suddenly extremely fatigued and had to go sit down. I glanced out the door and could still see it and asked my husband if he didn’t want to see the UFO. He said, ‘NO!’ That was it. We said no more and forgot about it.
No images or videos were included with MUFON Case 47097. Sussex County, DE, has a population of 197,145.
Delaware UFO coverage includes:
- Delaware witness says bright object emerged from ‘weird cloud patch’
- UFOs photographed hovering low over Delaware skies
- Multiple ‘black band’ cigar UFOs reported over Delaware
- Disc UFO emerges low from Delaware tree line
- ‘White hooded figure’ appears in Delaware home after UFO encounter
Recently covered disc UFO cases include:
- West Virginia couple describe ‘pie plate’ UFO overhead with no sound
- Silver disc UFO reported hovering over rural Oklahoma community
- West Virginia family reports disc UFO hovering over trailer
- South Carolina sisters report huge disc hovering over Goose Creek
- Texas witness ‘transfixed’ after disc UFO moves over Anahauc skies
- Indiana family encounters saucer UFO hovering at tree line
- Two disc UFOs reported ‘shooting in succession’ out of Honolulu
- Texas witness claims security camera captured landed disc UFO
- Silver disc UFO reported ’20 feet off ground’ over small Alabama town
- Photo: California witness reports unusual object in single frame
- Illinois disc UFO described as ‘blue, laser-like ring’
- Disc UFO reported making controlled moves over Vancouver
- Multiple Orlando witnesses describe low flying unidentified object
- Disc UFO described as ‘loitering’ in sky over Florida highway
- North Carolina teens discover UFOs appear on Thursday nights
- Montana witness describes ‘circular object’ that made no sound
- Orange light UFO ejects smaller gray sphere over Texas town
- Disc UFO reported under 500 feet over West Hollywood
- Texas witness photographs disc-shaped object in storm clouds
- Disc UFO reported over Florida’s Polk County in populated area
- Ohio witness hopes for more witnesses to daylight UFO sighting
- Multiple witnesses file UFO reports from northeastern Texas
- Oval UFO surprises Illinois witness at 50 feet off ground
- Illinois siblings share second UFO sighting of disc-shaped object
- Witness says ‘silver object’ emerged from Texas cloud formation
- Pennsylvania witnesses describe UFO with ’round, white portholes’
- ‘Saucer-like’ UFO reported over Rhode Island with horizontal lights
- ’30-foot disc’ UFO follows Illinois couple in Will County
- North Carolina family reports objects hovering over Lake Wylie
- Disc UFO videotaped over Berks County Pennsylvania
- Disc UFO photographed low over Palmdale, California
- Fifth cigar UFO case: Mississippi woman reports object ‘right above trees’
- Video: Disc UFO caught on camera over Illinois
- Hawaiian disc UFO encased inside orange orb
Delaware is a current UFO ALERT 5 rating, with a low number of UFO sightings nationally. Delaware had 1 report in April 2013 – the 45th highest reporting state while California had 47 reports – the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Delaware MUFON State Director Bob Gardner investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.