A live stream of Video Games Live from the San Diego Comic Con will be made available through Twitch TV, the game broadcast service announced Monday. This special showing of the video game touring concert series will include the debut of music from Bungie’s Destiny, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Valve’s Dota 2.
The Video Games Live concert from Comic Con will take place Saturday, July 20 at 6 p.m. PST. It features music performed by orchestra and choirs set to syncrhonized video clips of current and upcoming video game titles.
The 20 set song list planned for Saturday includes world premiere music from Assassin’s Creed IV, Destiny and Dota 2. The action-RPG will also debut new gameplay and cinematic footage.
For Destiny, Bungie composer Marty O’Donnel will be on hand along with Mike Salvatori to conduct music not just from the upcoming game but from Halo as well.
“At Bungie we are all storytellers. We’ve composed Music of the Spheres to enable the listener to experience a part of Destiny’s story as a purely musical journey. For that reason we are releasing this suite as a prequel to the game itself,” said Marty O’Donnell, Audio Director at Bungie. “Video Games Live’s global vision is appealing, and their charter matches the emotional connection through music we’ve always tried to achieve from Halo to Destiny.”
Here is the complete schedule of game music that will be shown during Video Games Live.
Video Games Live Schedule:
- 6:00 pm: Gerard Marino, Composer God of War [guest musician]
- 6:10 pm: Tim Larkin, Composer Dota 2 (Valve) [guest conductor]
- 6:20 pm: Austin Wintory, Grammy nominated composer of Journey [guest conductor]
- 6:30 pm: Emmanuel Fratianni, Video game/film/TV composer & principle conductor of Video Games Live
- 6:40 pm: Jillian Aversa: Vocalist (Halo, God of War, Civilization, Soul Calibur) [vocal soloist]
- 6:50 pm: Clint Bajakian & Peter McConnell, original LucasArts composers [guest musicians]
- 7:00 pm: Eimear Noone, Conductor of Diablo III and Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses [guest conductor]
- 7:10 pm: Russell Brower, Audio Director, Composer – Blizzard Entertainment [guest conductor]
- 7:20 pm: Brian Tyler: Film composer & composer of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag [guest conductor]
- 7:30 pm: Marty O’Donnell & Mike Salvatori, Halo & Destiny [guest conductors]
- 7:40 pm: David Hayter, voice of the original Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 – 4
- 7:50 pm: Costume Contest
- 8:00 pm – 9:00pm: Video Games Live – Act I
- 9:00 pm – 9:15: Tommy Tallarico, Video game composer & Creator/Producer/Host of Video Games Live
- 9:20 pm – 10:30pm: Video Games Live – Act II
ollow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.