Disney announced on Tuesday that, building on the strength of its “Where’s My Water?” video game series, a new game calle — guess — “Where’s My Mickey” will debut on June 20 for iOS, Android and Windows.
“Where’s My Water” was a first for Disney. Developed by Creature Feep, a team of designers within the Disney Mobile division of Disney Interactive Studios, it differed from previous Disney mobile games in that it used an original character (Swampy, a hygiene-conscious alligator).
Once the title became a hit (it garnered extra and free publicity when it was the 25 billionth app downloaded from the App Store), Disney released a follow-up, “Where’s My Perry,” which uses characters from Disney’s “Phineas and Ferb” TV series.
“Where’s My Mickey?” combines one of the company’s oldest properties with one of its newest properties. A trailer is embedded.
The game uses a visual style straight out of old school Mickey, from the 1920s and 1930s. It will include full story animations featuring Mickey and friends, and Disney has timed the release well: several new Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts will go live on the Disney Channel later this month.
Here’s how the game is described by Disney:
Join Mickey on a brand new adventure in Disney’s most popular mobile game franchise!
“Where’s My Mickey?” introduces a whole new world of life-like physics-based gameplay with stimulating weather mechanics and humorous animations. Immerse yourself in the ultimate mobile gaming experience as you watch funny episodes while solving challenging puzzles!
- Original Episodes — Explore 5 unique episodes with surprising and witty scenarios! Watch how each story unfolds and ends as you play through individual level packs!
- Brand New Weather Mechanics — Use wind, clouds and rain to maneuver through 100+ levels filled with fun challenges!
- A Whole New Look — A classic Mickey art-style with a contemporary touch, inspired by Disney Channel’s new series of Mickey shorts!
- Collectibles and Bonus Levels — Help Pluto look for hidden collectibles to unlock more bonus puzzles!
- Featuring Mickey and Friends — Discover more hilarious episodes and new friends, beginning with Goofy!
Try 6 Goofy puzzles for FREE and unlock the remaining episodes for a small additional price!
Also featuring extra levels in “Where’s My Mickey? XL” — Play 20 extra-LARGE levels exclusively designed for the big screen experience! Only available on your tablet!
Visit www.facebook.com/WheresMyWater for more hints, tips and secrets.
Follow @SwampyTheGator on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/SwampyTheGator
“Where’s My Mickey?” will cost $0.99 for phones (across platforms, apparently), $1.99 on tablets and $4.99 on Windows tablets and PCs.