Job-search is a numbers game. If your job search is happenstance, sporadic and include one to three tactics, you are not doing enough. Do you make mistakes that you are not aware of while thinking that your behavior will land your ideal job that you spent $60,000 in student loans to obtain? If so, quickly reverse your strategy and jump in full force. Now ask yourself if you make these mistakes?
After assessing the areas that you may have been making mistakes as your set up to take advantage of introducing your skills to potential hiring managers, have your thought about seeking help via resources, webinars, websites, books, networking groups, informational interviews, practiced sessions and job searching company research? Take a look at a few very valuable information sources and reshape your job search strategy:
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Let me write it for you is a company that specializes in helping job seekers who are making big mistakes in brand development, job search strategy, resume formation and interview preparation. Contact the company to receive a complimentary copy of 101 Great Ways to Sky Rocket Your Career.
Do you make these mistakes?
- Do you apply for jobs online every few weeks and wait?
- Did you enjoy your professors while in college and even developed a re-pore at that time, but have not kept in touch with him or her via LinkedIn or email or lunch periodically in order to expand yourself as a professional?
Do you mistakenly think that your email is cool?
- Do you have an email address or a voice mail that does not represent your professional self? Is your pre-school child’s voice on your voice mail?
- Did you get a job just to pay the bills but failed to volunteer within your profession?
Do you mistakenly underestimate the purpose of Linkedin?
- Do you have less than 100 connections on LinkedIn? Have you joined a focused-networking group ?
- Do you have a bad attitude and have no clue how to correct it?
Do you mistakenly speak a different language than your industry?
- Do you speak the language as those in your industry?
- Have you practiced and prepared for an interview?
- Do you know the keywords that are important in your industry?
Do you mistakenly feel that social media is the devil?
- Have you enhanced your social media presence on YouTube, FB, E-Commerce, online website (about. Me) or international LinkedIn page?
- Are you over 50 and feel intimidated by FB or LinkedIn?
- Have you failed to create a Linkedin recommendation sheet?