Since its grand opening on April 26, the Edison Ford Shoppe at the Bell Tower Shops has conducted author talks and book signings, artist demonstrations and gallery talks, food tastings, gardening demos and video programs. Among the programs offered by the Edison Ford Shoppe during the month of June are:
- June 6, 6 – 8 p.m. – “Ask the Plant People” Edison Ford horticulture staff available for questions, tips and general information on Southwest Florida gardening and the gardens at Edison Ford. Seed packs and unique garden items will be available for purchase.
- June 12, 5:30 – 7 p.m. – Ribbon Cutting with Sanibel & Captiva Chamber of Commerce.
- June 13, 6 – 8 p.m. – Book signing with Carlene Brennen, The Birth of Big Game Fishing and Gulf Coast Cookbook. Books will be available for purchase.
- June 14, 6 – 8 p.m. – Yappy Hour, pets welcome.
- June 20, 6 – 8 p.m. – Gallery Talk with Marie Dyer.
- June 25, 5 – 7 p.m. – KIDding Around with Edison Ford Wild Wizards, topic: Engineer Like Ford. Kids will design, test, and build a balloon car.
- May 27, 6 – 8 p.m. Book signing with Katie Gardenia, A Bubble Moment. Books will available for purchase.
Dyer is a well-known North Captiva artist whose paintings have appeared in Chico’s Magazine, Southern Living and numerous other publications, and each of her paintings and prints portrays a little piece of her South Florida life.
Gardenia creates unique sculptures of mermaids as well as fiber art, but as the original creator and owner of the world-famous Bubble Room on Captiva Island, she is as well known these days for her whimsical art collage book A Bubble Moment. The 117-page book has been described as “a treasure hunt for readers as they journey through a collection of fond memories, short and tall stories, recollections and envelopes of secret recipes.” For Gardenia, it was a way of gaining closure on a magical period during a life as full of ups and downs as a Busch Gardens rollercoaster.
Edison Ford members and the public are welcome to join the Sanibel & Captiva Chamber of Commerce when it holds its own ribbon cutting for the new Edison Ford Shoppe at Bell Tower Shops. The ceremony will include tours, refreshments, shopping, book signings, social networking, and entertainment by Danny Morgan. Refreshments for the ribbon cutting will be provided by Centerplate.
The Edison Ford Shoppe is located in the Fountain Plaza at the Bell Tower Shops. For more information, please call The Edison Ford Shoppe directly at 239-437-3778.