I confess. I cry easily—when I’m happy or sad, and it doesn’t matter if the situation that’s put me in tears is real life, on television or in a book. I’ve noticed that my condition has gotten worse over the last few years, and my Guides say that I’m not alone. My Guides also shared that increased sensitivity is basically a side effect of raising our vibrations. I believe that because I’ve had lots emails from folks telling me that they’re experiencing effortless, unwanted waterworks right along with me. Is it possible that part of our evolutionary process is that we’re collectively becoming more empathic? Here are some interesting tidbits about empathy and empaths:
- Empathy is the ability to read and understand people and be in-tune with or resonate with others, voluntarily or involuntarily.
- Someone with empathic skills is highly sensitive to the true feelings of other people, and shows great compassion for what others are experiencing.
- An empath has a deep sense of knowing and is very considerate of others.
According to in5D.com: “Everything has an energetic vibration or frequency and an empath is able to sense these vibrations and recognize even the subtlest changes undetectable to the naked eye or the five senses.”
Being able to sense energy and frequency changes means that an empath has enhanced communication skills; and doesn’t it make sense that as we raise our vibratory levels, more and more of us are developing this new skill? in5D.com also lists the following traits that many empaths share:
- Passionate about nature and pets
- Great listeners
- Easily make emotional connections
- Have “peacemaker” tendencies
- Are open about themselves and can communicate easily about their own feelings
I love the thought that we’re evolving into a kinder, gentler species of human being, but I don’t love crying at the drop of a hat. I’m thinking of starting a support group and I know I’ll be in great company! Namaste.
Thank you for reading my column! For daily postings by me and weekly postings from my guides, please like my Facebook page; and don’t forget to check out my interview on Soul Adventure TV!
My usedview.com boss would be very happy if you take a moment to click on the subscribe button by the title of this article–it’s free and future columns will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
Here are links to some past columns you might enjoy: