I know we are well into spring with it being the middle of May (already?!), but I am sure some of you are still working on cleaning out your closets for spring and summer.
Use these guidelines to ensure you are well prepared!
- Use the same type of hanger & hang every piece in the same direction to create a nice flow, making it easier to get dressed!
- Arrange your clothes by detail: color, sleeve length, style, etc.
Make your jewelry visible and easily accessible for a stylish and hassle free wardrobe! You can hang them or lay them out; just have fun with it!
- Display your favorite pieces
- Bring pieces you do not wear too often front and center (or get rid of it – why keep it if you aren’t going to wear it?)
Hang your pants & denim for easy access – this allows you to see what you are working with and not forget about a perfect pair of pants you found months ago!
- Have fun with your shoes! Use clear containers to show them off & keep them in good condition or if you can, put them out for show.
- Keep the shape of your boots by hanging them.
If it is not in season…pack it up! This will create more space in your closet allowing you to remain organized…and also allows for more space for new must haves
Go with the 2 year rule – if you have not worn it for 2 years, it is time to say goodbye.
Make a pile of items you no longer want and plan to donate them ASAP.