On June 12, Walt Disney World released the first wave of information, including event prices and registration details, for the premium dining events to take place during the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
In the announcement, Disney Parks Blog revealed that four new offerings will be added to lineup of premium events for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (Epcot Food & Wine). Premium events offer in-depth, leisurely dining and tasting experiences focused on the festival’s featured foods, drinks and flavors.
The new premium events, with dates and prices, that will be introduced at the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine include:
- Scotland, Land of Food and Drink (Sept. 28): $95 or $115
- Spirits Confidential (Nov. 1): $80 or $95
- Parisian Breakfast (Saturdays): $37
- Hibachi Experience (Oct. 8, 15, 22 and 29, Nov. 5): $120
Among the premium events returning to the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine are the following:
- “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery (Oct. 4, 11 and 25): $55 or $90
- Epcot Wine Schools (Sept. 29, Oct. 27, Nov. 3): $135 per person
- Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining: (the 46-day festival will hold more than 25 dinners; prices for Culinary Adventures experiences vary)
- Mixology Series: Taste, Shake and Indulge Like the French (Saturdays): $65
- Kitchen Memories (Sept. 27, Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8): $110 – $170
- Cheese Seminars (Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9): $80
Epcot Food & Wine will also feature the return of such premium events as Party for the Senses, the Italian and French pairings and lunches and a Mexican tequila lunch, with details to follow.
As in previous years, Disney guests will also be able to reserve spots for the festival’s low-cost culinary demonstrations and beverage seminars (also called “deminars” by some Disney fans). These short sessions, under an hour in length, combine focused information on a food or beverage – hosted by experts in their fields – with tastings.
Details on Epcot Food & Wine demonstrations and seminars, including the experts in attendance and anticipated menus, have yet to be released. But pricing will be as follows: Culinary Demonstrations ($14), Mixology Seminars ($15) and Wine, Beer or Spirit Seminars ($14).
Registration for these Epcot Food & Wine special events opens Aug. 13 at 7:00 a.m. EDT. The number for registering is 407-WDW-FEST (407-939-3378).
Worth noting: Many of these premium events tend to be very popular and sell out well in advance, as do the shorter, less-expensive food and beverage seminars. Disney guests are advised to make reservations as soon as possible once registration opens. Also, Epcot Food & Wine events that take place inside the theme park require guests have park admission.
The 18th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will take place Sept. 27 – Nov. 11. In addition to the premium events, Signature dining experiences and low-cost demonstrations, Walt Disney World’s outdoor food festival includes nearly 30 Marketplace kiosks around Epcot’s World Showcase, the Eat to the Beat! concerts, a festival marketplace and book and bottle signings.
Kungaloosh! Put on your set of ears and join me in stalking the Mouse. Read more of my Disney Travel Examiner articles or sign up for a free subscription.