For homeowners that want to quickly sell their home for a good profit with minimum hassle, it is critical that décor is up-to-date and attractive. Fortunately, Fresh Coat Painters and RE/MAX real estate experts have partnered to divulge great color tips guaranteed to increase the value of any home.
First impressions are everything when selling a home. The exterior of a home is the first thing that buyers notice as they pull up. The following colors are proven to boost the look of a home and increase the market value:
- White: One of the safest and most popular colors for the exterior of homes. A white exterior makes a home appear larger and soaks up light in shaded areas. A white house often looks lighter and clean.
- Beige/Cream: The neutral shades of cream, brown and beige are conservative and blend well with a variety of neighborhoods. These colors make a home appear classic without coming off ostentatious.
- Natural/ Red Brick: Easy maintenance and natural attraction of bare red brick gives it many advantages. Brick increases curb appeal in every home and bare red brick will offer lasting value and increase resale value by 6%.
For interiors, the rule of thumb when putting a home on the market is to use a neutral based palette. These include Earth tones such as shades of brown, green, blue, orange and some reds and tans. The following color tips will make any house warm and inviting to buyers:
- Avoid White: While excellent for exteriors, white walls enhance flaws on interior walls and give rooms a cold and sterile feeling. White can also make appliances or countertops look dark or dingy in comparison.
- Kitchen: Use neutrals that coordinate with countertops or cabinets to enhance these features. Oranges, reds and yellows are soft and create a warm inviting feel.
- Bedrooms: Use calming, soft and relaxing tone of blue and green to invite buyers in. These colors evoke a sense of relaxation and warmth.
- Use Proper Sheen: Different paint sheens are ideal for different areas. Flat, eggshell or satin paints are excellent for living areas. High-moisture areas like kitchens and bathrooms may require a semi-gloss which is easier to clean. If you aren’t sure, ask a painting professional which sheen is ideal for the space you wish to paint.
For more in depth information on these tips or any other home improvement related issues please contact the media contact provided. For more information on Fresh Coat Painters please visit http://www.freshcoatpainters.com/.