The largest social network posted positive results for the second quarter for its platform, which exceeded Wall Street financial expectations. Facebook reported Wednesday 1.15 billion monthly active users (MAU) and added 45 million new users that helped spiked engagement across the different products.
Naturally with a larger daily active user base the recorded increase was 699 million for the month of June, 2013, which is 27 percent year-over-year growth. Another important area of the company’s successful development and increase performance was in mobile. Here they managed to have 819 million MAU that grew to a whopping 51 percent.
“We’ve made good progress growing our community, deepening engagement and delivering strong financial results, especially on mobile,” said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO. “The work we’ve done to make mobile the best Facebook experience is showing good results and provides us with a solid foundation for the future.”
The Social Media Analytics and Digital Company, Socialbakers, posted a detailed analysis about the company’s exciting results and what it means moving forward.
“The Socialbakers team was excited to hear Facebook’s results from it’s Q2 earnings call last night. Facebook is performing exceptionally well, and we’ve summarised some of the key points so that you can see what’s interesting from an advertising and user perspective,” according to Socialbakers blog post.
The company seems to have bounced back from a not so successful stock offering and Facebook has put its together a series of successful products (Facebook Home, Timeline, Hashtags, Instagram video and more). All of these new enhancements have fended off for now the stiff competition on the horizon from other tech contenders in the same arena.
These are some of the highlights, business achievements the company posted below:
- Surpassed 1 million active advertisers on Facebook, driven by significant growth in local businesses.
- Introduced video for Instagram and saw 5 million videos uploaded in the first 24 hours.
- Facebook for Every Phone has now passed 100 million monthly active users. In just two years, Facebook for Every Phone has successfully putFacebook into the hands of millions of people around the world with limited access to the Internet, giving them the power to connect and share.
- Launched products including Verified Pages, hashtags and embedded posts to help people on Facebook connect with their friends about what’s taking place all over the world.
- Announced that there have now been over 100,000 apps built on Parse, a cloud-based platform that provides scalable cross-platform services and tools for developers to enable them to build apps that span mobile platforms and devices.
- Facebook’s data center in Lulea, Sweden, began serving live user traffic around the world using Facebook’s Open Compute Project designs and renewable energy.