Having a young children makes taking a vacation a little more difficult. What are some family friendly family destinations? Here are 10 types of vacations that can be geared toward families with young children. Anyone with young children already know that going anywhere is a hassle at times, so taking a vacation that is young children friendly will make things a lot easier. These are the top 10 family friendly family destinations according to http://www.familytravelnetwork.com/articles/10vacations-babies.asp.
1. Beach Vacations- “According to a recent travel agent survey, beaches are the most popular destination for family vacations. When traveling with babies and toddlers, however, it’s important to pick a place that’s small tot-friendly. Look for beach destinations that have calm waters, lots of clean sand for building sandcastles, and great amenities and attractions for families.”
2. Cruises- “Cruise lines are catering to families with expansive indoor and outdoor play areas, children’s programs, and a variety of fun-filled activities aboard their ships. These floating resorts are good vacation choices for families with babies and toddlers. Parents appreciate the value cruises offer and the fact that most vacation costs are included. The key, however, is to determine which cruise lines and ships offer the amenities that will best meet your family’s needs.”
3. Theme Parks- “Tot-friendly theme parks provide a fun, affordable way for families with little ones to make great vacation memories and spend time together. There’s a wide variety of options to match every budget, from destination parks such as Disney and Legoland to smaller ones closer to home.”
4. Ranch and Farm Vacations- “What could be more fun than pony rides, feeding farm animals and playing outdoors? For many toddlers, that sounds like heaven. If your tot is one of these, head for a farm or ranch resort on your next vacation. Ranch resorts often feature a variety of activities in addition to pony rides, such a children’s programs, kid’s pools and indoor waterparks, arts and crafts, babysitting, and a variety of outdoor activities. Petting zoos and other outdoor attractions can also be great for little ones.”
5. All-Inclusive Resorts- “All-inclusive resorts are one of the fastest growing segments of the vacation industry and are particularly popular with families. After all, it’s comforting to know exactly how much your vacation is going to cost before you purchase it. In addition, some all-inclusive resorts offer the most extensive amenities for families with babies and toddlers. These include such services as Vacation Nannies, waterparks with special features for little ones, free children’s programs, family suites with separate kid’s rooms, gourmet meal programs for babies and more.”
6. In-Door water parks- “Kids love water, so it’s no surprise that hotels and resorts with waterparks are incredibly popular with families. According to a study by Hotel Waterpark Resort Research and Consulting, the number of indoor waterpark resorts grew by more than 225% during a recent five-year period and more are under construction. Parents love the self-contained nature of these indoor waterparks and there are many areas where babies and toddlers can splash around safely.”
7. Mountain Resorts- “Many families used to think of mountain resorts solely for snow fun, but not anymore. Many of these vacation spots offer four seasons of family fun as well as special amenities for their youngest guests. During the summer and fall months, mountain resorts can offer incredible values. In addition, these resorts are a self-contained vacation destination where everything is within easy reach.”
8. Nature Places- Almost all children, young and older, love nature and the things in nature.
9. Lake Shores- “With their calm waters and multitude of attractions for families, lake destinations are also wonderful choices for fun with the little ones. Kids can enjoy picnics, collecting shells, playing on the beach, learning how to fish, and wading in the shallow waters.”
10. City Destinations- “Cities are loaded with attractions for families with babies and toddlers, such as zoos, aquariums, children’s museums and more. In addition, there are so many tot-friendly hotels and restaurants from which to choose.”