Celebrities walked the red carpet in punk inspired fashion to celebrate the latest exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. “Punk Chaos to Couture” opens from May 9tth to August 14th. The public will have to chance to see the punk influence on fashion from Vivienne Westwood to the famous Versace safety pin dress worn by Liz Hurley.
Fashionistas have the opportunity to buy red carpet items via an online trunk show on Moda Operandi.com
Fun Fact: Guests were treated to performances by Debbie Harry and Kanye West who gave a shout out to his girlfriend Kim Kardashian. The after party continued at the Top of the Standard. Check out exclusive pictures via Vogue.
There were some hits and misses during the evening. Kim Kardashian and Madonna both wore Givenchy but not everyone was a fan of their ensembles.
Here is a rundown of some of our favorite frocks from the 2013 Met Gala.
- Jennifer Lopez wore Michael Kors.
- Beyonce wore Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci.
- Anne Hathaway wore vintage Valentino circa 1992 which was removed from the vault for the occasion.
- Miley Cyrus wore a Marc Jacobs mesh dress with a nude underlay.
- Katy Perry Dolce & Gabbana dress, crown, and earrings from the F/W 13 collection.
- Taylor Swift wore J Mendel.
- Gisele Bundchen wore Anthony Vaccarello.
- Hilary Rhoda wore a Wes Gordon dress over leather pants.
- Dakota Fanning & Elle Fanning both wore Rodarte.
- January Jones In Chanel
- Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior
- Blake Lively In Gucci Première
- Sienna Miller In Burberry
- Kate Beckinsale In Alberta Ferretti
- Jessica Pare In Jason Wu
- Renee Zellweger Prada
- Uma Thurman Zac Posen
- Gwen Stefani In Maison Martin Margiela
- Coco Rocha in Emanuel Ungaro
- Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan Atelier
- Christina Ricci In Vivienne Westwood
- Heidi Klum In Marchesa
- Florence Welch In Givenchy
- Lily Collins In Moschino
- Allison Williams In Altuzarra
- Stacy Keibler In Rachel Roy
- Jessica Biel In Giambattista Valli Couture
- Beyonce Knowles In Givenchy
- Naomie Harris In Donna Karan Atelier
- Emily Blunt In Carolina Herrera
- Julianne Moore In Balenciaga
- Claire Danes In Oscar de la Renta
- Leelee Sobieski In Christian Dior Couture
- Ashley Greene In Marchesa .
- Michelle Dockery In Burberry.
- Diane Kruger In Chanel Couture
- Amanda Seyfried In Givenchy Couture
- Kristen Stewart In Stella McCartney
- Karolina Kurkova In Mary Katrantzou
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Gucci
- Michelle Williams In Saint Laurent
- Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace
- Katie Holmes In Calvin Klein Collection
- Lena Dunham In Erdem