Chef Warren Cordoba is passionate about this food. He relishes creating new dishes and playing around with ingredients especially fresh herbs and vegetables from his new Chef’s Tower Garden that sits outside the trendy and chic Citron at the equally hip Viceroy Palm Springs where he heads the kitchen.
The Viceroy is a fitting showcase for this super chef with its young, well-heeled, jet-setter clientele who frequent the place even in the heat of summer when the thermometer tops 100-plus in the Desert. If you’re planning a trip to Palm Springs for some world-class golf, tennis, or some well-deserved R&R, Citron belongs at the top of your to-do list. As a matter of fact you should also consider staying at this spiffy property where the beautiful people sit around sipping drinks posing like a scene from a Hollywood movie. (The women are gorgeous and amply endowed, the men are buff, tan and handsome). Eye candy aside, the rooms are also over-the-top attractive and so is the tiny spa with its top-notch therapists and relaxing ambiance.
But we digress, this is about Citron and why it’s worth firing up the private jet and heading there for dinner. The food is sensational and subjectively the best in the Springs. We’re talking Cordoba creations such as a watermelon French feta salad with wild mint and preserved strawberry that was deliciously cooling on the warm desert night.
- Sole ceviche as a amuse bouche that teases the taste buds
- Roasted baby beet salad with Brule of Greek yogurt, Moro blood oranges pistachio brittle and Point Reyes Blue Cheese (yummy stuff).
- Smoked Diver scallops done with shaved horseradish caviar crème fraiche
- Wild mushroom raviolis with house-made pasta done al dente
- Perfectly prepared fresh halibut or salmon that tastes like it was just caught
- Heavenly Hamachi with just the right tang from mango, sherry, Thai basil and shallots
- Homemade wild morel mushroom ravioli with asparagus, heirloom tomatoes and truffle Boscetto cheese
- Cedar plank roasted Pacific Northwest salmon prepared with Beluga lentils, confit tomatoes, roasted garlic sauce and shaved fennel salad (sigh).
- Tamarind glazed prawns with plantains, white rice, black beans, cilantro and lime sauce
- Roasted petite tenderloin of beef with whipped potatoes, roasted asparagus covered in a delicate Romeco sauce with Marcona almonds
- There is a full wine list and cocktail menu as well delicious desserts such as freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, key lime mousse, sorbet, crème brulee and more.
Citron at the Viceroy Palm Springs is located at 415 South Belardo Road, 760-318-3008.