Workout style is becoming more and more important to fitness enthusiasts everywhere. Being able to express your personal style inside and outside of the gym is a good thing! The Threads of Friendship pieces offers an array of bracelets that are stackable or can be worn alone. The Nautical Collection is one of the hottest new pieces this summer, the gold anchor that can be found on most of the bracelets is the perfect touch. For Fitness Fashion Friday founder Andrea Barna shares her background in fashion and why her bracelets can be worn everywhere!
How did you get started in jewelry design?
I started my first line of Jewelry (fine Jewelry) when I was 23 after a brief stint as an assistant fashion editor at W Magazine and WWD. I worked with extremely talented and inspirational editors and writers. I worked directly with the fashion and accessories departments. I fell in love with the stylish baubles in the jewelry section and decided to branch out!
What was your inspiration behind the Nautical Collection that recently launched?
I was inspired by my up-bringing for my Nautical Collection. I grew up in Chappaqua NY and Greenwich CT. And went to Private and Boarding school. I was surrounded by “preps” and that was my inspiration. Getting back to my roots, my friends would refer to me as a preppy punk princess.
Would you say Threads of Friendship bracelets can be worn just about anywhere including yoga class?!
Threads Of Friendship Bracelets are worn EVERYWHERE! School by the younger set, college campuses, by editors, celebs and socialites everywhere including Red Carpet events and the gym!
What are some of your other popular selling items?
My most popular bracelet is the AK. I dedicate 20% to the Walkabout Foundation started by Carolina and Luis Gonzalez Bunster. I went to high shcool with them in Connecticut. The neon friendship bracelets sell really well, year round. Everyone loves a pop of color.
What’s next for Andrea Barna?
I take my business one day at a time. I plan to expand my bracelet line, especially Nautical. I am looking for longevity!
You can find Threads of Friendship at…
- Hipster in Northport http://www.hipstersnorthport.com/
- La Moda in Fairfield http://mylamoda.com/index.shtml
- The House In Millburn, NJ
- Katwalk in Baltimore, MD
- In Motion http://www.kpsearch.com/DF/Inmotionnew/all-new.asp
For more information on Threads of Friendship:
- Website: http://www.threadsoffriendship.net/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThreadsOfFriendshipBracelets
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/threadsoffriend
- Check out the blog by clicking here!
FOR ALL MY FITNESS UPDATES….
- Check out my e-book You Can Have It All
- Sign up for monthly NM News:http://eepurl.com/z-S31
- Website: nadiamurdockfit.com
- Nadia Murdock Fit Facebook:http://tinyurl.com/qdtz2uq
- NY Fitness News Facebook:http://ow.ly/ecQEL
- Come and Zumba with me!
Disclaimer: Product was provided for this review, opinions are 100% my own.