Pedro Pascal has enjoyed a successful television acting career, although he has not exactly been a household name. That is about to change. Big time. Entertainment Weekly broke the news that the Chilean actor has been cast to play the role of Prince Oberyn Martell, aka Red Viper, on the fourth season of the HBO epic fantasy television drama series “Game of Thrones”. Apparently Pascal made a great impression on the series executive producers and showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss as they stated, “We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop”.
Pedro Pascal’s IMDb resume has him listed as 5’11”, 165 lbs, with an age range of 25 – 35, and an athletic physique. His many guest starring credits include “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Touched by an Angel,” “NYPD Blue,” “Touched by an Angel,” and “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation”. He has had recurring roles on such shows as “The Good Wife” and “Lights Out”. He most recently played Jay Castillo on the ABC series “Red Widow”, and Juan Badillo on the USA series “Graceland”. Pascal has appeared in the feature films “I Am That Girl,” “The Adjustment Bureau,” and “Sweet Little Lies”.
The character Prince Oberyn Nymeros Martell is described as “a forceful, lusty man with a quick wit and barbed tongue”. It is said that he gets the nickname “Red Viper” because of rumors that he poisons his weapons, and he also has “viper” eyes. Prince Martell has eight adulterated daughters named Obara, Nymeria, Tyene, Sarella, Elia, Obella, Dorea, and Loreza. The daughters are referred to as “the Sand Snakes”. The daughters have yet to be cast.
Pedro Pascal is repped by Bill Veloric at Innovative Artists, and Dara Gordon at Authentic Talent Management.
Actors and actresses interested in trying out for the show can find the auditions and casting call information on the following casting post:
HBO “Game of Thrones” Season 4 Casting Calls
Minors and foreign talent MUST be legally eligible to work in Northern Ireland and the United Kingdom. You MUST have a passport and a national insurance number for working in the UK.
The 2013 London Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions the United Kingdom:
• London Child Actor Information
• London Child Actor Chaperone Information
• London Bylaws on the Employment of Children
• London Child Stage Performance Application Form
• London Child Work Permit Application
• United Kingdom Foreign Actors Visa Information
• United Kingdom Entertainer Visitor Application Form
• United Kingdom Employment Application Form
In addition to the following London Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• London Casting Directors List
• London Extras Casting Directors List
• London Talent Agents List
• General Talent Agent Information
• London Actors Headshot Photographers
• United Kingdom Acting Schools
• London Performers Unions and Organizations
• Miscellaneous London Actors Resources
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Casting Director and Talent Agents Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 London Actors Resource Guide eBook is available here.