Gandolfini reactions to the recent and shocking death of the beloved 51-year-old actor are spreading across the Web in remembrance, as the NY Times reported this Thursday, June 20, that many friends, family, and fellow celebs alike have all chimed in to offer their condolences to James Gandolfini’s death and his skill as an actor onscreen.
The Gandolfini reactions are nothing less than a beautiful tribute to the wildly popular “The Sopranos” star, who recently died this week at the age of 51 from a heart attack in Italy, it is reported. A well-deserved and moving outpouring of support has come from the Hollywood community and particularly from James Gandolfini’s “The Sopranos” former cast.
Here are some of the listed tributes, parting words, and heartfelt reactions to the actor’s death — many of which were posted on celeb websites or social media engines like Twitter — that were offered since the Wednesday announcement of his passing.
Via the Telegraph:
– “He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that. He is one of the greatest actors of this or any time. A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes. He was my partner. … He was my brother in ways I can’t explain and never will be able to explain.” – David Chase, creator of “The Sopranos.”
– “We lost a giant today. I am utterly heartbroken.” – Lorraine Bracco, who played Tony’s psychiatrist Dr. Melfi in “The Sopranos.”
– “Jimmy was one of the most talented, authentic and vulnerable actors of our time. He was unorthodox and truly special in so many ways. He had the sex appeal of Steve McQueen or Brando in his prime as well as the comedic genius of Jackie Gleason.” – Brad Grey, a producer of “The Sopranos.”
– “Fifty-one and leaves a kid – he was newly married. His son is fatherless now … It’s way too young.” – Joe Gannascoli, who played Vito Spatafore on “The Sopranos.”
– “The great James Gandolfini passed away today. Only 51. I can’t believe it.” – Bette Midler on Twitter.
– “James Gandolfini what a nice guy, so funny and sweet. He will be sorely missed. Our deepest condolences to his family.” – Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry on Twitter.
– “I am heartbroken about James Gandolfini. He was a gentle giant and great man. I love this picture, I loved him.” – Actress Rose McGowan, who posted a snapshot of her and Gandolfini on Twitter.
– “You will be missed greatly James Gandolfini Maybe best actor ever on a tv series. Salute’” – Comedian Artie Lange on Twitter.
– “awful awful news. James Gandolfini will be missed. He was a great actor. Just great.” – Mia Farrow on Twitter.
-”My thoughts and prayers go out to James Gandolfini’s family. An extraordinary actor. RIP, Mr. Gandolfini.” – Robin Williams.
– “R.I.P. James Gandolfini. Such a great actor. More than just tony soprano and that would have been a lot on its own.” – Musician Rob Thomas on Twitter.
What is your take on the Gandolfini reactions? How will you remember the classic “The Sopranos” star (not to mention his other films) and talented James Gandolfini whose heart attack claimed his life too early and too young?