If there’s one thing that everyone can agree on, it’s the fact that Central Florida is hot! Hours of wandering through the wilds of the area’s themed attractions can leave you searching for the relief of your hotel swimming pool, a cold shower, or just a high-pressure hose aimed at your extemities.
The designers of LEGOLAND® Florida took this fact into account when they built the theme park within a theme park that is the LEGOLAND Water Park. For individuals who chose to upgrade to a two-park ticket, (single-day LEGOLAND Florida guests may upgrade to a water park attraction ticket for an additional $12 per person; children under 3 are $3) the sweet relief of cool water and incredible water slides awaits!
Key areas of LEGOLAND Water Park attraction include:
- LEGO Wave Pool – Families can catch a gentle wave or simply cool off in this perfectly sized wave pool where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy
- Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a refreshing pool below
- Splash Out – The thrill seekers of the family can ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop and “splash out” into the water below
- Joker Soaker – A fun, interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides that offer something different for every member of the family. Guests can wade in the surrounding pool and be surprised with a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket
- Build-A-Raft River – Families can imagine, design and build a unique LEGO vessel and set afloat on a maiden voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river, set amongst playful LEGO Friends, flowering vegetation and palm trees
- DUPLO® Splash Safari – Toddlers will rule at this water play area with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life DUPLO creatures
“True to our mission, the water park attraction has been designed for families with children ages 2 to 12 and will add hours of water play to an already full day and move LEGOLAND Florida into a multi-day experience for vacationers. The additional also adds another great value proposition for our Annual Pass members,” added LEGOLAND Florida General Manager Adrian Jones.
Admission to the water park attraction is included with an all-new LEGOLAND Premium Pass, which offers 12 months admission to LEGOLAND Florida and seasonal access to the LEGOLAND Water Park. The Premium Pass is now available for purchase at www.LEGOLAND.com or AAA Auto Club South branches.
Now entering their second year of operation, LEGOLAND® Florida Water Park has splashed into 2013 with twice as many LEGO® bricks for all to enjoy. Two million LEGO bricks have been added since its debut last year bringing the total to an astounding four million LEGO bricks found in impressive models throughout the water park.
In addition to LEGO seahorses, clams, surfers and shells now displayed throughout, the new features at the LEGOLAND Water Park for 2013 include:
- Build-A-Raft River Entrance: A new brightly-colored LEGO entrance now greets guests as they enter this distinctive 1,000-foot lazy river experience where families can test their creativity by building their own LEGO rafts.
- LEGO Moby Dick: While floating along the Build-A-Raft River, families will be fascinated by Moby Dick, a ferocious whale made famous in American literature. LEGO Moby Dick is made of 200,879 LEGO DUPLO® bricks.
- LEGO Wave Pool: The 583,000-gallon, crystal-clear wave pool is now decked-out with an amazing display of bright, cascading blue waves with two new LEGO models:
- LEGO Shark, made of 248,642 bricks, is found among the waves searching for friends.
- LEGO Scuba Diver, made of 86,233 bricks, finds himself face-to-face with a fiercely friendly LEGO Shark.
- LEGO Mermaid: The entrance of the LEGOLAND Water Park now provides an impressive exhibit of intermittent water spouts and playful bubbles that burst from a LEGO Mermaid standing 15 ft tall. LEGO Mermaid is made of 176,210 bricks.
- Waveside Grill: A new dining option can be found near the LEGO Wave Pool serving up delicious hot dogs and more.
“The LEGOLAND Water Park offers a distinct experience as its various elements are specifically designed for the safety and enjoyment of families with small children,” said LEGOLAND Florida General Manager Adrian Jones. “As we open the doors for our second year, we are thrilled that we are now offering even more exciting features for guests to enjoy.”
The best way to experience LEGOLAND Florida and the Water Park is with a Florida Resident Annual Pass for just $99, plus tax. Pass members will receive unlimited admission for 12 months to LEGOLAND Florida and the LEGOLAND Water Park along with other Merlin U.S. attractions including LEGOLAND California Resort & Water Park, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers, Sea Life Centers and Madame Tussauds with no black-out dates. The LEGOLAND Florida Resident Annual Pass also includes admission into special events throughout the year including Red, Brick & Boom, Brick-or-Treat, Christmas Bricktacular and Kid’s New Year’s Eve. Additionally, pass members will enjoy free parking and discounts on all food and merchandise throughout the year.
If you have a favorite local attraction you’d like to see profiled, please let me know. Also, be sure to follow me on twitter, and read my articles about elections, HOAs,motorsports, and restaurants.