Attention golfers, here’s a chance to cruise and swing those sticks and ever boost your bogey. For the first time in three years, Crystal Cruises is bringing back its popular golf themed cruise to New England/Canada aboard the Crystal Symphony. Passengers will get a chance to play some mighty fine greens from Boston to Montréal enhanced by the spectacular New England Indian summer.
The 10-day cruise departs September 16, 2013 and features maiden visits to Lunenburg, Nova Scotia and Baie-Comeau, Québec, plus overnight stays in Boston and Montréal.
Duffers and pseudo-pros can practice their swing at:
- The Algonquin at St. Andrews-by-the-Sea (New Brunswick) – A historic course with a back nine waterfront sequence that has been challenging golfers of every skill level for more than 100 years.
- Le Blainevillier (Montréal) – Set in dense forest, with each of the 36 challenging holes isolated from each other.
- Chester (Lunenburg, Nova Scotia) – A classic New England par 70, where golfers tee off right on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Granite Links (Boston) – One of Golf Digest’s “50 Best,” with rolling fairways and greens elevated to nearly 300 feet above sea level, providing impressive views.
- La Tempête (Québec City) – Québec City’s first metropolitan world-class course, spanning 200 picturesque acres.
- Kebo Valley (Bar Harbor) – A haven for precise golfers, with small greens and long terrains, right by Acadia’s Cadillac Mountain.
“This itinerary and golf program provides a fantastic opportunity for golfers to conveniently play in six of our eight ports of call, and learn valuable insights from high caliber PGA pros throughout,” says John Stoll, vice president of land and port operations.
You can buy three or more rounds of golf with Crystal that come with a VIP golfers welcome cocktail reception; welcome kits with course info and gifts; complimentary storage and cleaning of clubs and shoes; and private group clinics with the golf pro. Golfing excursions include roundtrip transportation to each course accompanied by a Crystal escort or pro; 45-minute warm-up; golf carts or caddies (where available); and pre-/post-round refreshments and cocktails. Practice putting greens, driving ranges, golf clinics, and private lessons are available on both the Symphony and Serenity. A big bonus is that you can ship your clubs to and from the ship with Luggage Concierge.
All-inclusive fares for the New England cruise, visiting Boston, Bar Harbor, Saint John, Lunenburg, Baie-Comeau, Saguenay, Québec City and Montréal, start at $3,840 per person if booked by June 28. Fares for the golf club Crystal Adventures start at $291 per person.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.