343 Industries has talked about weapon tweaks coming to Halo 4 for a couple of months but the developers announced Thursday that they are ready to deploy next week. Find out the confirmed changes coming to the Battle Rifle, DMR, Warthog and more for the Xbox 360 shooter.
The over-arching goal with the weapon tweaks detailed by 343 Industries appears to be to make matches more fast-paced. The Battle Rifle can now kill in four bursts, the Carbine in seven shots and the damage from the different automatic weapons have all been increased. These tweaks combined with an increase in player movement speed from 100 percent to 110 percent across all playlists and modes will should make online matches fly.
The weapon changes provided by 343 Industries below will be deployed across all applicable game modes and playlists (Team Snipers isn’t affected, for example) on Monday, June 3. The only exception to this is the select game types such as Action Sack’s Lightning Flag as it is already balanced sufficiently.
- The Battle Rifle damage has been increased. The Battle Rifle is now capable of killing in four bursts.
- The Battle Rifle rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
- The Battle Rifle red reticle range (range at which auto-aim benefits kick in) has been decreased.
- Two bursts from a Battle Rifle followed by a melee will now kill an opponent (2-shot melee).
- The Carbine damage has been increased. The Carbine is now capable of killing in seven rounds.
- The Carbine accuracy has been increased (projectile spread decrease).
- The Carbine red reticle range has been decreased.
- The LightRifle zoomed rate of fire has been increased.
- The LightRifle un-zoomed rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
- The LightRifle red reticle range has been increased to match the updated DMR range.
- The DMR red reticle range has been slightly decreased.
- The Assault Rifle damage has been slightly increased. The Assault Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
- The Assault Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Assault Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
- The Storm Rifle damage has been increased. The Storm Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
- The Storm Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Storm Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
- The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
- The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.
- The damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault Rifle.
- The damage has been slightly increased. The Magnum is still capable of killing in six rounds.
- The damage has been increased on both the Mantis and Warthog Chain Gun.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.