Big news in the hotel business, Hong Kong-based New World Hospitality announced today, May 29, 2013, that the luxury property brand is changing its name to the equally exclusive Rosewood Hotel Group.
The Rosewood Hotel Group, which was already a part of New World’s portofilio, consists of 40 hotels in 14 countries that were formerly marketed independently. “As Rosewood is the group’s marquee brand, and the one whose properties are most widely represented geographically, we feel it is more appropriate for the company to adopt the Rosewood name,” says Sonia Cheng, the group’s chief executive officer.
Rosewood collection includes some of the most legendary properties in the world and the product has embarked on ambitious expansion to expand its footprint in Asia and Europe, with Abu Dhabi, London and Beijing hotels opening this year. Rosewood is expected to more than double its current portfolio of hotels either opened or in the pipeline in the coming five years.
New World Hotels markets ultra-deluxe properties popular with high-end jet-setters and business travelers in locations such as Dalian, Shanghai, Wuhan, Ho Chi Minh City and Manila, with an affiliated hotel in Shunde. The hotels are favored for the vast amenities and high quality services provided. Most feature fine dining, business services, extensive meeting facilities, recreational options and Residence Club executive floors. The company is expected to more than double in size in the next five years, with hotels in Beijing and Guiyang scheduled to open this year.
A sampling of Rosewood Hotels in the United States and Canada includes:
- The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, New York, NY
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek®, Dallas, TX
- Rosewood Crescent Hotel®, Dallas, TX
- Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi®, Santa Fe, NM
- CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort,San Martin, CA
- Rosewood Sand Hill®,Menlo Park, CA
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- In the Caribbean and Altantic Coast the brand includes:
- Caneel Bay, A Rosewood Resort, St. John, USVI
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay®, Virgin Gorda, BVI
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort, Antigua
- Rosewood Tucker’s Point®, ermuda
- Rosewood at Baha Mar, Nassau, The Bahamas (2015)
In Mexico the offering are:
- Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort, Los Cabos, Mexico
- Rosewood Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Rosewood San Miguel de Allende®, Mexico
- Middle East Rosewood Resorts include:
- Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Hotel Al Khozama, A Rosewood Hotel,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Rosewood Corniche®, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Rosewood Dubai®, United Arab Emirates (2014)
View the video to see more about Rosewood Hotel Group.