Equestrians across the American Midwest are gearing up for a bunch of horse shows, equine training clinics, a long-distance trail ride, and even a .donkey and mule show.
Take a look at these featured equestrian events for the first weekend of June.
- In Deerfield, Wisconsin, Bounds Showtime Arena welcomes renowned horseman John Lyons for a five-day clinic. The program runs Thursday, May 30, through Monday, June 3.
- Hunter/Jumper trainer Nick Karazzissis presents a three-day clinic at Timeless Farm in Arena, Wisconsin, from Friday, May 31, through Sunday, June 2.
- Long-distance trail riders saddle up with the American Competitive Trail Horse Association on June 1 for the Southern Kettle Moraine ACTHA Ride.
- Cross Winds Farm features an Open Horse Show on June 1 in Marengo, Illinois.
- The Great Lakes Buckskin Association hosts an All-Breed Horse Show on June 1 and 2 at the Montcalm County Fairgrounds, in Greenville, Michigan.
- Also on June 1 and 2, the Wisconsin Appaloosa Horse Club’s Annual Spring Fling Horse Show takes place at the Central Wisconsin State Fairgrounds, in Marshfield, Wisconsin.
- The Wisconsin Foundation Quarter Horse Association holds a horse show at the Jackson County Fair Park, in Black River Falls, Wisconsin, on June 1 and 2.
- In Custer, Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Donkey and Mule Society State Show goes off on June 1 and 2 at Heartland Stables.
- On June 2, the Branch River Riding Club hosts its 49th Annual Open Horse Show at the Manitowoc County Expo Grounds, in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
As a rule, equestrian participants and spectators are advised to call ahead to confirm event details, as last-minute changes and cancellations may occur.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer’s fan page.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.
Equestrian event managers and hosts: Do you have upcoming shows, clinics, or other highlights to share? Email the Madison Equestrian Examiner with flyers and details.