Taking to the streets this past week in downtown Cleveland revealed several different opinions on the casino. Earlier this month, the Horseshoe Casino celebrated its one year anniversary (see video in article). Many Clevelanders remain excited, Rita from East Cleveland expressed her delight
This is what Cleveland needed! I like coming here and with my family coming to town this weekend? I know we are about to win some money!
Scouring the areas surrounding the glimmering beacon on the corner of Public Square resides two disgruntled gamblers who pointed at the entrance accusingly,
They done robbing me! I can go to Vegas and get me free drinks and free parking! We were in town and I can tell you this I ain’t spending another dime! You can go to Vegas and hear the screams of winners. All you get here is some sighs unless you got some big bucks!
The mixed reviews seems to spread far and wide, from locals to tourists who enjoy the casino for what it is. Shannon was in town from Michigan to visit her grandmother who lives in Parma and shrugged her shoulders when asked about her visit into the former Higbees location
You have to take it for what it is. The House will always win. I enjoy it, sure it’s not as big as the ones I’ve visited in Canada or in Vegas, but it’s actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be for Cleveland. The size is deceptive too, because it’s huge inside. The lunch buffet was really nice and me and my gram just had fun.
While visitors are flocking to the relatively busy casino with varying reviews, the Horseshoe does receive some bragging rights:
- They are hiring for new dealers and servers and speaking to some employees, they wished the pay was higher but overall enjoyed the environment
- The casino rakes in about $792,000 daily, which isn’t as much as Vegas casinos but impressive for a smaller metropolitan location
- Over six million dollars from the Horseshoe Cleveland Casino will be distributed to local Ohio schools
- The city of Cleveland is set to receive 85-percent of the tax revenue
- Local business owners have attested an average 15-percent sales increases since the Casino opened
The council is happy with the results and for many residents this was the jolt Cleveland needed to regain its financial footing, something James from Lakewood shared
The Flats are rebuilding, East 4th District is booming, the Euclid Corridor is gorgeous and honestly, I think we as Clevelanders have to back these companies and really support ventures like Horseshoe and cheer builders and investors looking to come here. I am very happy to see life again in this city
To learn more about Horseshoe Casino, visit their site: Horseshoe Cleveland Casino