The Warrensburg Volunteer Fire Company holds its annual Smoke Eaters Jamboree this weekend at the Warrensburg Recreation Field on Library Avenue in Warrensburg. The gates open Friday, July 26 at 6 p.m. with an auction of donated goods beginning at 6:30. Entrance donation on Friday is $3. The Jamboree continues through Saturday, July 27, with gates opening at 5 p.m. Entrance donation for Saturday is $5. Saturday features a chicken barbeque Audiostars takes the stage at 7 p.m. and the Jamboree closes with a spectacular fireworks display.
The Jamboree features a midway with rides and kiddie games provided by Green Mountain Amusements. Warrensburg Firefighters will be operating roulette wheels and black jack tables for the grownups. There’s always plenty of hotdogs, hamburgers, popcorn and cotton candy. Parking is free in the schoolyard across the street.
- Improve Records Fridays at the Lake concert series features The High Peaks Band this Friday, July 26, 8-10 p.m. in Shepard Park. This popular Saratoga band covers include Grateful Dead, Phish and Talking Head. Their orginal compositions are influence by 1960’s psychedelic rock, blues, reggae, pop, and modern rock. Admission is free.
- Lake George Hot Rod Happenings, Beach Road, Lake George, Saturday, July 27 – Sunday, July 28, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. This show of street rods and muscle cars is hosted by St. James Episcopal Church to raise funds for its outreach ministries. Last year’s event raised more than $2,000 for local charities. Spectator Admission: adults – $2, children 12 and younger are free.
- Movies under the stars in Shepard Park, Sunday, July 28, 9 p.m. Featured film “SkyFall”, the latest James Bond film with Daniel Craig playing 007. Admission is free.
- The Big Apple Circus continues its shows in Charles R. Wood Park (Gaslight Village) through the weekend. Showtimes Friday, July 26 at 12:30 and 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday showtimes: 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. Ticket prices $15 to $40.
- Kim Ladd and Pam Ladd, authors of the critically acclaimed “Happy Hour in the High Peaks: An Adirondack Bar Guide” will be signing books at the Thurman Station Wilderness Heritage Showcase Saturday, July 27, 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Books, t-shirts, caps and passports to the 46 bars featured in their book will be available.
Like the Lake George Examiner on Facebook to find photos and videos of Lake George area events. Subscribe to The Lake George Examiner for instant email updates.