How-to: Five Hot Summer Styles
By sherrijessee | Published June 15, 2013 | Edit
Look One: Bohemian Braids. (Hair & Makeup: Sherri Jessee, Photo: Roberto Ligresti)
1. Blow dry the hair to create a rough texture.
2. Spray with Oribe Dry Texturizing spray for added texture.
3. Create a two strand fishbone braid across the forehead and tie off the ends with a tiny elastic.
Look Two: Old Hollywood Glamour. (Hair & Makeup: Sherri Jessee, Photo: Rakeem)
1. This retro look is sure to rock your next night on the town! To create hold and body apply a styling foam from roots to ends and blow dry. Aquage Uplifting Foam is a great choice.
2. Curl hair on a 1” Ceramic Curling Iron. Clip each curl and allow to cool before removing.
3. Brush smooth to reveal soft, glamorous waves with an Angelo David Smoothing brush.
Look Three: Super Shiny Bob. (Hair & Makeup: Sherri Jessee Photo: Brad Lovell)
1. Distribute a small amount of a smoothing serum like Redken Diamond Oil.
2. Rough dry hair until 85% dry.
3. Section hair into 5 sections. For good control, begin drying bottom section first and work your way up to the top. For shine and body, use a large round brush and keep dryer pointed downward.
4. Watch the how-to video for more detailed instructions.
Look Four: Beachy Waves. (Hair & Makep: Sherri Jessee Photo: Brad Lovell)
1. To get long lasting results, distribute an egg sized amount of Aveda Phomollient and blow dry.
2. Wearing a heat protecting glove, wrap random sections on a 1 1/4 curling wand.
3. Gently break apart the curls with your fingers.
Look Five: Long Bob AKA the Lob. (Hair & Makeup: Sherri Jessee, Photo: John Perez)
1. Rough dry hair after misting with a texturizing spray like Sherri Jessee’s Volume Infusion.
2. Spray each section with a firm holding spray like Sherri Jessee’s STAY and curl on a RUSK 1″ ceramic curling iron.
3. Break apart and tousle curls with your fingers and spray to hold set.
4. See how to video for steps to super curly bob.
About Sherri Jessee: Sherri Jessee is one of the most desired, yet easily approachable internationally renowned female beauty and fashion stylists. A North American Hairstyling Awards Finalist with over 20 years of experience as a successful salon owner and platform artist, Sherri’s talents in hair, makeup, and fashion editorial work combined with knowledge gleaned through her Bachelor’s Degree in Education and extensive field-work make Sherri a well-recognized guru for all things beauty and fashion. Sherri is widely quoted as an industry expert, with her hair and makeup work featured in hundreds of acclaimed print publications as well as online; including Cosmopolitan, OK!, Style Source, Sophisticate’s Hairstyle Guide, and MTV Style. When she isn’t jet setting to Sydney, Mumbai or Milan, Sherri can be found in her Intercoiffure salon in Bristol, Virginia.
– See more at: http://sherrijessee.com