Every business, no matter its size, is concerned about a variety of problems that can affect their computer system from security violations and troubleshooting to downtimes and compliance with industry regulations.
One company that tackles these problems is Netwrix Corporation. Founded in 2006, the company is headquartered in Irvine, California and has offices in Paramus, New Jersey; Alpharetta, Georgia; Columbus, Ohio; and the United Kingdom and Ireland. It focuses on configuration auditing to address business’ security, governance, and compliance issues. Forrester named configuration auditing the number one security technology for the next five years.
Netwrix’s solutions monitor changes to a business’ IT system and applications, evaluating the system’s configuration to discover security violations and troubleshooting issues, preserves compliance with security standards and industry regulations including FISMA, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI, and SOX.
It works with such critical platforms and applications as Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, file servers, storage appliances, VMware, Windows Servers, SQL Servers, SharePoint, and more and assists the system to comply with security and compliance demands. Windows IT Pro Magazine has honored Netwrix solutions as number one in configuration auditing awarding the company with the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Community Choice Gold Award.
Other honors include the 2013 CODIE Awards for Best Security Solution and Best Systems Management Solution; 2013 “Top Business” by DiversityBusiness.com; Info Security Products Guide 2013 Global Excellence Award for Auditing, Forensics, Fraud Prevention and Auditing, and for Best Security Software and Security Products and Solutions for Small Businesses and SOHO. Netwrix is also the 33rd fastest growing software company in the U.S., according to Inc. Magazine.
Netwrix offers freeware editions of most of its products as well as standard and enterprise editions. Products offered include:
· Netwrix Auditor, which monitors the entire IT infrastructure and detects, captures, and consolidates IT infrastructure audit data to determine current and past configurations as well as who changed what, when, and where. This product includes AuditAssurance™ technology, a technology that combines multiple audit trails with other data sources to generate the most complete audit picture. The company boasts that it is “nearly impossible to omit any audit events…”
· Netwrix All-in-One Suite, which combines all of Netwrix’s products together into one solution.
· Netwrix Identity Management Suite provides self-service password management; the capability to unlock accounts through a web-based portal and integrate with the standard Windows logon procedure; automatically notifies remote users by email of impending password expiration; automatically tracks and deactivates inactive user accounts based on last logon time; and automatically consolidates, archives, and reports user logon events from all active directory domain controllers, servers and work stations.
· Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner detects, alerts, troubleshoots and resolves account lockouts in real-time.
· Netwrix Inactive Users Tracker automatically detects and disables inactive accounts in Active Directory.
· Netwrix Password Expiration Notifier reminds remote users to change the password.
· Netwrix Password Manager is a self-service password management solution for the Active Directory.
For more details about Netwrix and the products it offers visit the company website.