I have a lot of hair and I always thought that because of the sheer volume of my mane that it meant I would never have to worry about having voluminous hair. But recently I was able to put that theory to the test when I received a package of L’Oréal Professionnel Volumetry Collection.
I was like a kid in a candy shop when I opened up the cardboard box to find the enclosed goodies.
- Anti-Gravity Volumizing Shampoo
- Volumizing Conditioner
- Anti-Gravity Volumizing Root Lift Spray
- Powder Fresh SOS Refreshing Spray
Honestly when I read the description of the L’Oréal Professionnel Volumetry line, I thought it wasn’t for me. It says that it is a professional haircare range that provides voluminous results by addressing 3 major concerns of fine haired clients – weak cortex, oily build-up and dry hair.
Dry Hair. Yes!
Fine Hair. Yes!
… But lots of it. Yes! It’s practically a lion’s mane! I am going into the hair dresser this week to get it thinned out.
Luckily I gave it all a chance to do what it does best – volumize! From the first use, I realized that I got a few things wrong about this line. It fights:
- Weak Cortex – the interior layer of the hair fiber that gives it structure. In fine hair, the cortex is smaller in diameter than normal, making it less able to hold its shape.
- Oily Build-up – Fine hair falls flat quickly because it absorbs more oil at the scalp.
- Dry Hair – Afraid of the weight, fine haired women tend to avoid conditioner, which contains vital nutrients & nourishment to condition and moisturize hair.
And how does it work you may ask? Well…
- Intra-Cylane (addresses weak cortex) – patented technology to densify the hair. It acts as a filler at the heart of the hair fiber to boost the fiber structure to give it lift and body
- Salicylic Acid (addresses oily build-up) – Gently purifies the scalp and removes oily build-up
- Hydralight Technology (addresses dry hair) – lightly hydrates and conditions the hair fiber without weighing it down
Even for my hair, there were some major noticeable benefits. The line was able to cleanse oil and product build-up. It also made my hair feel stronger and hold it’s shape better. And it was the first volume line that doesn’t try to pass off plain old hair spray as root booster. This light mist is fabulous and even as I type this, my hair has incredible volume even after a long day of work and a sweaty run. Can you freakin’ believe it!?
This stuff is the real deal. And it made me think twice about volume products. Although perfect for women with fine or thinning hair — it’s also perfect for me! Puh-lease ladies who doesn’t want volume? The more the better for this gal!
For more information please visit us.lorealprofessional.com.