There is just something about the marriage of creamy and crunchy together that is quite satisfying. If you love the combination of creamy yogurt, sprinkled with crunchy granola, this recipe for homemade granola is a must.
Ultra crunchy and fruity, this granola is surprisingly easy to make and more wholesome than the boxed variety. Even better, you can customize this recipe to your suit your family’s preferences. Experiment with different nuts and fruits to find your favorite combination.
In case you’re not familiar with it, turbinado sugar is raw sugar that is less processed than normal white cane sugar. Find it at Reasor’s and other grocery stores near the rest of the sugar.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped, dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Spread mixture on large, lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and stir.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with yogurt or milk.
Makes 4 servings