On June 8-9, 2013, the LAWineFest will be held at Hollywood’s Historic Raleigh Studios. It will showcase award-winning wines from 13 countries, craft brews, artisan cocktails, interactive cooking demos, wine tasting seminars, GFT’s (Gourmet Food Trucks), and early-entrance VIP tickets for an exclusive festival experience. Every year, the LAWineFest picks a charity to sponsor and this year’s beneficiary is Food Forward, bringing together volunteers and neighbors to share in the harvesting and recovery of locally grown produce from private homes, public spaces, and farmers markets – 100% is distributed at no cost to agencies serving our community’s most vulnerable.
- Discovering Spain’s Rioja: Rioja is Spain’s leading wine region, where winemaking dates back to Roman times. It became Spain’s first DO (Denominación de Origen) controlled appellation in 1926, then was promoted to the newly–created DOCa (or Denominación de Origen Calificada) status in 1991. The region isn’t a part of dusty history, however. Rioja is absolutely thriving, with more and more bodegas (wineries) expanding. That means now is the time to come discover and learn more about the notable and diverse wines coming from this exciting region of Spain. Exclusive wine tastings included. Saturday, June 8, 2:45pm and Sunday, June 9, 2pm – $15
- Artisinal Cheese & Wine Pairing Adventures with Barrie Lynn, The Cheese Impresario: Barrie Lynn – the Cheese Impresario – brings her Artisanal Cheese & Wine Pairing Adventure seminars to LAWineFest for the eighth year. People are craving information on wine and cheese pairings. This year, Barrie Lynn has created a delectable experience that focuses on Italian-style cheeses made in the pristine territory of Wisconsin by some of the world’s most awarded cheese makers. The wines are from Cal-Italia wine expert, Bill Mosby of Mosby Wines, in Santa Barbara County. Cheese and wine tastings included. Come see why this seminar sells out every year! Saturday, June 8, 3:45pm and Sunday, June 9, 3pm – $35 (a sell-out every year)
- Walking in Their Shoes: a panel discussion with California winemakers and winery owners: Ever fantasize about running away from your current life to start a winery or be a winemaker? Come listen to the fascinating stories of those that have done precisely that! Several California winery owners and winemakers will share their spellbinding ups and downs, as well as the major issues the industry currently faces. Exclusive wine tastings included. Saturday, June 8, 4:45pm: – $15
- Wine & Cheese – A Good Combo? Hosted by Terry & Wally August of Fancifull Fine Food & Baskets: Although it seems natural, cheese and wine aren’t always a match made in heaven. How do you get inspired pairings? Come find out in this seminar led by Terry and Wally August of Fancifull Fine Food and Baskets, located just down the street from Raleigh Studios. Terry and Wally have traveled the world meeting cheese- and winemakers, and are especially excited by the American Cheese Movement and the food revolution that is taking place right here in our country. This seminar’s emphasis will be on allowing you to taste and form your own opinions, although rest assured you’ll hear the August’s. Wine & cheese tastings included. Sunday, June 9, 1pm – $35
Celebrity Chefs Eric Greenspan of The Foundry on Melrose and Chang Sivilay of the Mandarin Hotel West Hollywood and Asia de Cuba will be presenting interactive cooking demos on the Wolf Range, one of the event’s premiere sponsors.
Stella Artois Beer Garden will offer several brew varieties on tap for all guests to enjoy.
Gourmet Food Trucks & Restaurants include Lobsta Truck, Heirloom, Tainamite, Green Truck, Slammin’ Sliders, Hot’s Kitchen, The Surfer Taco, Sweet Arleen’s Cupcake & Bread Puddings. Plates start at $2; not included in event ticket price.
VIP Tickets are available on Saturday, June 8 only; $30 upgrade includes early admission at 1pm, access to the VIP Garden featuring exclusive tastings and VIP gift bag. Guests can purchase VIP tickets here: http://lawinefest2013.eventbrite.com/.
K&L Wines in Hollywood will be on-site featuring wines found at the LAWineFest.
Come out and join the sippin’ fun!
For more information:
5300 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
- Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 2pm-6pm
- Sunday, June 9, 2013 from 12pm to 5pm
Buy tickets online: http://lawinefest2013.eventbrite.com/
For event information, please visit: http://www.lawinefest.com/